8½ minutes of it, fucking hell. Pick a tempo lads, while ye're at it.

I quite enjoyed that actually!
I'd listen to it and Lux Aeterna again.
Not the other two though. Can't even remember what they were called.

#242 March 30, 2023, 03:33:15 PM Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 03:40:45 PM by jobrok1
It starts off quite well. Then they fucked ot up by shoe-horning the terrible thrashy bit at 01:20. Just give it up, Lads!
When they reigned it back in it was kinda OK again.

Lyrics are utter garbage, though.

They just need to drop the 'forced thrash' and be a half decent rock band.

All I hear is Hetfield singing 'Rack of lamb'... Maybe cos it's dinner time but I can't unhear it!

Are them and Maiden legitimately in a contest to discover the most pissy guitar tone known to man.. fkn horrendous for nearly 3 decades... One can get a better tone from an app in their phone

Plus the song is complete dogshit as expected

Quote from: Deranged Bear! on March 30, 2023, 06:03:22 PMAll I hear is Hetfield singing 'Rack of lamb'... Maybe cos it's dinner time but I can't unhear it!
I thought it was 'Back Door Man'

It's 4 minutes too long. Yeah, it's 8½ minutes too long, but it's 4 minutes too long. They just can't stop a fucking song without beating the fucking thing to death.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on March 30, 2023, 06:36:13 PM
Quote from: Deranged Bear! on March 30, 2023, 06:03:22 PMAll I hear is Hetfield singing 'Rack of lamb'... Maybe cos it's dinner time but I can't unhear it!
I thought it was 'Back Door Man'

It's 4 minutes too long. Yeah, it's 8½ minutes too long, but it's 4 minutes too long. They just can't stop a fucking song without beating the fucking thing to death.

They were very guilty of that since Load but on the last album especially, every single song outstayed its welcome and tbf they weren't entirely welcome to begin with..

Quote from: The Great Cull on March 30, 2023, 02:54:55 PMThe well is most certainly gone dry...

As someone who has most of the bands releases (albums, singles, all the big album boxsets, DVDs, books), I can safely say that this is one that won't be getting bought. Zero in any of the 4 songs to encourage me to buy it.
I'm the same man. I have all albums on cd and the classics on vinyl. Yhe only reason I own a copy of The last album is because it came with tickets for the slane gig for an extra €2.

Quote from: Necro Red on March 31, 2023, 10:23:23 AM
Quote from: The Great Cull on March 30, 2023, 02:54:55 PMThe well is most certainly gone dry...

As someone who has most of the bands releases (albums, singles, all the big album boxsets, DVDs, books), I can safely say that this is one that won't be getting bought. Zero in any of the 4 songs to encourage me to buy it.
I'm the same man. I have all albums on cd and the classics on vinyl. Yhe only reason I own a copy of The last album is because it came with tickets for the slane gig for an extra €2.
Yeah, I picked up Hardwired because it was a fiver when I was getting an order of a few other albums. Listened to it about four or five times and it's been on the shelf since. Don't even know if I'd be bothered getting this on the cheap after the singles they've put out

Just since someone mentioned it in another thread, compare Hushed & Grim by Mastodon, released 19 years after Remission, to St.Anger, released 20 years after Kill Em All. Wow, so also those two albums were released 20 and 40 years ago this year. St.Anger was 20 years ago already! Holy fuck  :laugh:

20 fuckin years. Hard to believe. Funny as well how it hasn't even slightly improved with time.

Pretty sure metal hammer gave it the 10/10 as well the bastards trying to tell me it was like Justice and I skipped off on day one to buy the rotten thing

They really did dupe a lot of us with that piece of shit album. Myself included.

No joke, I'd had myself convinced by the end of the first listen that if I listened to it enough times that it'd become a Good Album

I watched the DVD before playing the actual album and thought it sounded OK (I was delighted that they sounded heavy again). Imagine my disappointment when I played the CD.