#285 April 06, 2023, 09:17:49 PM Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:38:58 PM by Carnage
I'll give it a listen anyway, mught buy it for completion's sake* but not 'til it drops in price a bit. I left it a couple of years before picking up the last one.

*Relative completion, there are no circumstances under which I'd allow Lulu in the house. S&M2 and Through The Never can also fuck off.

I'd say most of us will listen to it once. There's always that niggling feeling that the lads who made RTL, MOP and AJFA must be able to do something of merit, that some of the magic is still there, even though deep down we know it's going to be shite.

Yeah that's pretty much the craic. Maybe, just maybe they'll do a Depeche Mode on it and pull their best album in over 2 decades out of the bag. They won't of course but that'll be the sort of thinking.

I've never listened to s&m2 actually. Is it very bad?

I listened to it once, basically rehashing the first one.

A truncated veraion was shown on Sky Arts a while back, that's as much as I saw/heard of it. More of the same, but with 'guests' and some of the newer songs, so it was just shite.

I'd be the same alright and am also a bit of a completist but I gave up on buying Metallica records, I would have still picked up albums by bands like Anthrax Megadeth and Slayer with similar hope that they could pull something off. They always fell short too but not as much as a latter day Metallica album which offers zero return.

Anthrax's output has been pretty consistent to be fair and there'd always be at least a few killer tracks on a Slayer album.

Can't say I'll be listening to it. Just don't have the interest anymore even for one play. Didn't listen to Hardwired either bar a curious listen of the singles.

Lux Æterna would have had me curious enough to check it out, but subsequent singles killed that pang dead.

Quote from: Mooncat on April 08, 2023, 09:48:56 PMCan't say I'll be listening to it. Just don't have the interest anymore even for one play. Didn't listen to Hardwired either bar a curious listen of the singles.

Lux Æterna would have had me curious enough to check it out, but subsequent singles killed that pang dead.

Exact same as that.

Contrary to what I was saying to that lad that was so boring I can't remember his name earlier in this thread and said that the two Loads would only make an ep I've changed my mind.

After making my own version of the cover of the first one I was inspired to turn it on and then follow it up with the second and fuck I didn't expect it but I enjoyed every minute of both of them in a row.

All is forgiven, they're both excellent or I'm losing my marbles. It's a win either way

Not excited about the new album but the 2 night ~35-40 different songs tour interests me.

Metallica nowadays write songs that are the equivalent of me trying to write a song..the difference is that I know mine would be shite..

I had Load on the other day, some decent stuff there and a 3/5 album for me. Reload not as good but everything after that was downhill most definitely.

Overdrive who are usually super positive about everything slated it (though did give it 3/5 for some reason)

Refreshing to see someone call it for what it is though.

https://www.overdrive.ie/album-review-metallica-72-seasons/

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 12, 2023, 07:48:44 AMOverdrive who are usually super positive about everything slated it (though did give it 3/5 for some reason)

Refreshing to see someone call it for what it is though.

https://www.overdrive.ie/album-review-metallica-72-seasons/

Sounds like it could've been written about Hardwired with a few titles swapped out