I thought there was plenty shooting and fighting during season 2.
Last season kinda meandered along, alright.

Loved Fallout. Thought it was great.

I'm not approaching either of these with any familiarity to the games, so just taking them as they are, really.
I'm sure game nerds will cringing through most of it.

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 04, 2024, 10:00:11 AMI thought there was plenty shooting and fighting during season 2.
Last season kinda meandered along, alright.

Loved Fallout. Thought it was great.

I'm not approaching either of these with any familiarity to the games, so just taking them as they are, really.
I'm sure game nerds will cringing through most of it.

Fallout set a gold standard in bringing a video game to life on TV. They really nailed it.

Absolutely loving Fallout, top tier stuff! Binged it recently, aided with some psilocybin which was nice.

Quote from: OpenSores on May 05, 2024, 12:14:05 PMAbsolutely loving Fallout, top tier stuff! Binged it recently, aided with some psilocybin which was nice.

Lol. Don't know how u did that. I'd just go outside and lie in the garden looking at the sky  :abbath:

Used to do small doses and watch things a fair bit. First watched Old School on about 30 and almost died laughing in places  :laugh: Live In Pompeii and The Song Remains the Same another time. Deadly buzz, but yeah, never binged a series even mildly tripping!

Oh it wasn't a large dose, binged about 3 episodes.

#2496 May 06, 2024, 09:15:47 AM Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 09:17:21 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: mickO))) on April 26, 2024, 01:28:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwdP3FCggs

This youtube channel has a few of the latest episodes of Dark Side of the Ring for those that were looking for it. Every episode is stand alone so it doesn't matter what order you watch any of them in.

Watched the Harley Race, Sensational Sherri and Brutus Beefcake episodes on another youtube channel the last few days. 

The Harley Race one was great viewing. He was a genuinely hard bastard, who came from a dirt poor background, like Roddy Piper, Stu Hart etc, which are always the most interesting watch for me, more so than the more typical drugs/abuse/in-fighting focused stories.

The Sensational Sherri episode was tough going at times, especially seeing the effect her lifestyle - and death - had on her son, which was made twice as sad learning that the poor fucker has some kind of cancer.

The Brutus Beefcake was interesting in terms of addressing his accident, which I had completely forgotten about.

I have the Chris Colt one saved to watch later. And hopefully the Terry Gordy episode in on there somewhere too.

That's my afternoon sorted. Looking forward to the Sherri Martell episode.

Quote from: The Wretch on May 06, 2024, 09:15:47 AMWatched the Harley Race, Sensational Sherri and Brutus Beefcake episodes on another youtube channel the last few days. 

The Harley Race one was great viewing. He was a genuinely hard bastard, who came from a dirt poor background, like Roddy Piper, Stu Hart etc, which are always the most interesting watch for me, more so than the more typical drugs/abuse/in-fighting focused stories.

The Sensational Sherri episode was tough going at times, especially seeing the effect her lifestyle - and death - had on her son, which was made twice as sad learning that the poor fucker has some kind of cancer.

The Brutus Beefcake was interesting in terms of addressing his accident, which I had completely forgotten about.

I have the Chris Colt one saved to watch later. And hopefully the Terry Gordy episode in on there somewhere too.

The Sherri one was bad it was awful seeing her son.

Harley Race to me is like Ric Flair never liked either when I watched as a kid but now as an adult I really appreciate both of them. They should do one on Rick Rude as he was another genuine hard bastard and you also have all the rumours surrounding how he died.

The Sandman is the latest one watched it the other day. One of the best episodes of the entire show so far. I remember watching Sandman as a kid thinking he was insane and other then looking fairly old he seems to be perfectly fine after all the shit he put his body through which is crazy when you see what has happened to some of the other people that they did episodes on.

When they interview Sandman in the show he comes across exactly the same as the Sandman character  :laugh:

Sabu gets interviewed in a load of episodes so they need to do one on him.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 06, 2024, 04:15:11 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on May 06, 2024, 09:15:47 AMWatched the Harley Race, Sensational Sherri and Brutus Beefcake episodes on another youtube channel the last few days. 

The Sherri one was bad it was awful seeing her son.

Harley Race to me is like Ric Flair never liked either when I watched as a kid but now as an adult I really appreciate both of them. They should do one on Rick Rude as he was another genuine hard bastard and you also have all the rumours surrounding how he died.

The Sandman is the latest one watched it the other day. One of the best episodes of the entire show so far. I remember watching Sandman as a kid thinking he was insane and other then looking fairly old he seems to be perfectly fine after all the shit he put his body through which is crazy when you see what has happened to some of the other people that they did episodes on.

When they interview Sandman in the show he comes across exactly the same as the Sandman character  :laugh:

Sabu gets interviewed in a load of episodes so they need to do one on him.

Sandman literally was/is the gimmick🤣

I was about to give up on Fallout after 2-3 episodes but I'm up to episode 6 now and enjoying it...

Watched both series of "Trigger Point" - grand, easy, distracting but ultimately empty viewing. Vicky McClure, Lol from "This Is England", plays a bomb disposal expert who, after several tours of Afghanistan, works for the Metropolitan Police in Laaaaandaaaan.

Cue lots of posh RADA-trained actors doing their very best Ray Winstone accents;

"Vere's a fackin' baaaa-omb in fis buildink, yew slaaaaag!"

Much more enjoyable but still along the same lines is series 1 & 2 of "Blue Lights" - set in and around a police station in Belfast.

The quality of acting raises this far above the RTÉ dreck of the same ilk. 

"The Responder" was recommended to me so I will watch that this week.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on May 06, 2024, 10:46:10 PMSandman literally was/is the gimmick🤣

Ha yeah they all say that in the episode. Sabu even says he would only trust Sandman in the ring when he was pissed and he would have been really worried for his safety if he showed up to a match sober.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 07, 2024, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on May 06, 2024, 10:46:10 PMSandman literally was/is the gimmick🤣

Ha yeah they all say that in the episode. Sabu even says he would only trust Sandman in the ring when he was pissed and he would have been really worried for his safety if he showed up to a match sober.

Think Lance Storm was the only lad in that locker room that wasn't on something once the bell was rung 😂

Just finished Baby Reindeer. Quality stuff, great to see something so original.