Just realised I can use my ps4 controller with the laptop. Happy days. Currently hopping off Tomb Raider III on epsxe. It is delightful.

Funny how the ps4 is gathering dust and endless updates while I'm actually playing the old games.

Parents were clearing out the attic a while ago and found a box full of my old PC games so I'm working through them. Discworld Noir, Messiah, Grim Fandango...some great stuff I'd completely forgotten about

Playing Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen at the moment. Completely underrated game that I always thought would make a good film

With all the remakes going on at the moment surely Soul Reaver is due one? One of the best in it's day

Speaking of remakes, the Resi 2 one looks amazing. Tried the demo and they've nailed it. It feels like a modern game, but it also feels like Resi 2.

My most anticipated game this year is another game, Crash Team Racing. 'sake.

Finally splashed out and upgraded to a new pc after 4 years, gave specs it for custom build on Thursday and got it today!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700
MBO: MSI Z390-A PRO
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 BLACK EDITION GAMING 8GB GDDR6
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB)
HDD: 2TB Toshiba P300
SSD: 240GB Kingston A400
PSU: 650W Gigabyte P650B
CASE: Sahara P35 RGB Chassis, Tempered Glass, USB 3.0, 4x120mm Fan Included (enough lights on the fans to cover me for xmas decorations tbh)

oh lawd it's sexy!!!

Quote from: Aborted on February 20, 2019, 05:38:44 PM
Finally splashed out and upgraded to a new pc after 4 years, gave specs it for custom build on Thursday and got it today!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700
MBO: MSI Z390-A PRO
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 BLACK EDITION GAMING 8GB GDDR6
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB)
HDD: 2TB Toshiba P300
SSD: 240GB Kingston A400
PSU: 650W Gigabyte P650B
CASE: Sahara P35 RGB Chassis, Tempered Glass, USB 3.0, 4x120mm Fan Included (enough lights on the fans to cover me for xmas decorations tbh)

oh lawd it's sexy!!!

Fairly beastly rig there.

Only a few days till this bad boy is released  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKtaOY9lMvM

Playing Mortal Kombat XI at the minute.

The graphics are a huge step up over the previous game - the detail in the characters is amazing and the facial animation is possibly the best I've ever seen in a game... Which makes the ultraviolence on display even more brutal.

Genuinely, one of the most violent games I've ever played, it's gone up a few notches from the previous game.

Started playing a load of the LucasArts point and click adventures again, don't suppose there's any developers still putting out games in that format?

Days gone savage game  :)

A Raspberry Pi and necessary peripherals
Retro Arch
Load it up with ROMS
USB Controller

Job Done!

I wouldn't be putting up with this DLC Crap or all the other b.s. companies use to trying and extort money out of you.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Switch owners are obviously late to the party but enjoying the hell out of Cuphead at the moment.

Quote from: livingabortion on May 14, 2019, 12:54:41 PM
Retro Arch
Load it up with ROMS
USB Controller

Job Done!

I wouldn't be putting up with this DLC Crap or all the other b.s. companies use to trying and extort money out of you.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face though!

If you plump for not coughing up for games day one then you can see if the DLC or microtransactions are intrusive - they're not for most games because he fan base usually goes nuclear and they usually get ironed out.

Two of my recent pick ups included Shadow of War and Battlefront II. Both absolutely riddled with microtransactions at launch, they've long since been patched out and the games have had loads of content added for free. I also picked up the Prey reboot, most of its technical issues have been fixed. Total spend on the three games - €20. That's almost C-64 pricing (even without inflation).

Plus modern indies are stellar and feature complete from the off. Stuff like Inside, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee, Nex Machina.

Then there's games that are downright experiences like Zelda Breath of the Wild, God if War, The Last if Us that would be flat out impossible on old hardware.

I get the dislike for modern bullshit but it's easy to separate out what's crap and what's not.

Quote from: Ducky on May 15, 2019, 06:04:43 PM
Quote from: livingabortion on May 14, 2019, 12:54:41 PM
Retro Arch
Load it up with ROMS
USB Controller

Job Done!

Cutting your nose off to spite your face though!

If you plump for not coughing up for games day one then you can see if the DLC or microtransactions are intrusive - they're not for most games because he fan base usually goes nuclear and they usually get ironed out.

Two of my recent pick ups included Shadow of War and Battlefront II. Both absolutely riddled with microtransactions at launch, they've long since been patched out and the games have had loads of content added for free. I also picked up the Prey reboot, most of its technical issues have been fixed. Total spend on the three games - €20. That's almost C-64 pricing (even without inflation).

Plus modern indies are stellar and feature complete from the off. Stuff like Inside, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee, Nex Machina.

Then there's games that are downright experiences like Zelda Breath of the Wild, God if War, The Last if Us that would be flat out impossible on old hardware.

I get the dislike for modern bullshit but it's easy to separate out what's crap and what's not.

It's true yeah things get ironed out, but games companies will see with what they can get away with and if there isn't much. For me, no thanks.

That was a very good deal getting all that for 20 euro. Still, all those micro-transactions, it's just so money grubbing. That's why I don't like playing modern games, the games themselves are great but then it's all that crap around that.
I still laugh when I see how long it takes until you can actually get to play the game on a modern console, you have to install it, update it, patch it.

I've gotten a few off gog.com, that's a great site and has a lot of great Indie game, and yeah, it wouldn't be possible on older hardware.
Having said that there are still so many old greats that I didn't get to play when new and others I didn't complete so I give them a go again  :D
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Have bought so many class games recently on Steam but in the end I always go back to playing Rocket League. You can't beat playing it with some mates; tis like crack.