Picked up a PS4 a few weeks ago (ostensibly for the young lad) as they were going cheap with the extended Black Friday shite. Playing that Lego Ninja with the pup, good laugh. God of War and Battkefiekd 1 when I'm on my own, and a bit of FIFA. Feel like a nerd as I used to mock my friends for playing with their Mario's and things when I was younger.

Sure if you can't bate them...

#61 December 20, 2019, 03:26:47 PM Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:13:16 PM by Ducky
Pfft, FIFA and Battlefield are the for filthy casuals :abbath:

(Battlefield 1 is great, moreso than the more recent BFV. God of War is stellar).

#62 December 20, 2019, 05:53:58 PM Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:13:46 PM by Ducky
I can't type.

Quote from: Ducky on December 08, 2019, 08:30:33 PM
I think with the PS4 you can change the region a few times by sticking in a disc from another region (I've never done it).

Games are region free, DVD and Blurays aren't due to liscenceing

Yeah but you can only change the region like 4 or 5 times and that's it, can't change it all on the xbox. Had expected something to be around like the code you can just type into a DVD and it becomes region free.

Want to get Disco Elysium, badly. Looks like a great narrative RPG along the lines of Planescape Torment but with you playing a manic alcohol-soaked possibly-a-cop.

lads I downloaded resident evil 1,2,and 3 on the ps3 last week for 15euro get on it. Started with 3 finished it on difficult....got it done in 6 hours playtime which I think is very bad. playing 1 now cant wait to.play 2. Code Veronica which was my favourite is there for 20euro!!!! Went with the bargain. If any of ye played it back when it came out I highly suggest playing again if ye haven't since.

I've got the Resident Evil 1 remake thingy on PS4 (it's a port of the GameCube remake). Looks a lot better but plays the very same.

Have the Resi 2 Remake as well and it's immense. Played the original back in the day and it's completely true to it while having the design and production values of a modern game.

I've not played 3 in any form before... I dunno about it though, would Nemesis become a pain in the balls? I found Mr. X twatting around after you in 2 to spoil the pacing.

Picked up the Vanquish remaster and it is still ultimate hot sauce. The best third person shooter ever made.

Back to Skyrim after a while away from it, starting up as an Argonian. Still a great game after all this time.

Getting really into Zelda breath of the wild. Weird not seeing Link in his traditional green get up.
Does feel more like somebody decided to make a game like Skyrim and rip off Zelda.

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered right now.

I'm really, really enjoying playing it again. I remember hating it when it came out, then thinking it was kind of alright, now I'm having a ball with it because it's the one I remember least and I'm just going along with the absurdity of its draw/junction system, downright weird setting and plot.

Google Stadia is looking shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0OYCMkr-_Q
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Well, we could all switch over to Nvidia GeoForce Now .... oh wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VQVJbyXKQ

Maybe live service game streaming is actually a bad idea?

I hate the idea of gaming streaming. Until such time that it has the same latency and IQ as playing on local hardware, nah.

Even then, it's horrible how everything is moving over to a sub model. I like to buy my stuff when I feel like it, have it for leaner times.

Not surprising regarding Nvidia's service... actually thought there would be more pulling out. Nvidia have the worst support.. they really don't give a shit so I'd say when something goes wrong they will just point everyone to the games support rather than their own when shit goes wrong.