Similar stuff happened in Madrid this week. Claiming the virus didn't exist. One of them is in intensive care now.

The irony of wearing masks at an anti mask protest. That protest was organised by a kinesiologist and a homeopath who believes vaccines cause autism. In other words absolute spoofers.

Politicians acting the cunt once again as if 2008 didn't happen...

Waiting 4 weeks for a T-shirt to come in the post and when it does it's the wrong size.

I switched over to Glowpower for my electricity supply a couple of months ago. The first bill came in, €97, all good but they Direct Debited €255 from my bank account. I've just been on the phone to them and they tell me they made a mistake and they've credited my account.

"Which account? I don't see the €157 in my bank account."

"Your Glowpower account."

"It's no good to me in your account, I want it back in my bank account."

"I'm sorry, Glowpower cannot do that."

"Why not? You could take it out of my bank account quickly enough, why can't you put it back?"

After being told some jibba jabba, I asked to speak to someone who could be of assistance and who could put my money back in my bank account.

Cuntish.

I always cancel my DD with companies after signing up and pay with card for that exact reason. Virgin media deducted 4 months premiums in one month and the refund took 2 months to come through.

I've been onto the bank. They say they can pull back the full direct debit amount. I will give Glowpower a call tomorrow - I'm not expecting that callback they promised - and tell them to give me my money or I will take my money, their choice, and pay the bill manually from now on. Mistakes happen but treating a customer like shit afterwards is a choice.

Quote from: Blackout on August 25, 2020, 05:20:37 PM
I always cancel my DD with companies after signing up and pay with card for that exact reason. Virgin media deducted 4 months premiums in one month and the refund took 2 months to come through.

Just reminded me my new customer deal is just up with Virgin and no way am I going to pay full price for the service as it isn't worth it in the slightest. I have a feeling I will be back in this thread pretty soon as I go through the rigours of trying to get a new deal or cancel with them

Don't go with Eir, shower of dopes.

Correct, worst company ever.

Sky aren't much better.

Virgin were pretty shite for me, switched to Vodafone about a year ago and been grand since. That said I've had no need to ring the customer service so I've no idea what that end is like

We were with Vodafone at work, phone and broadband. The broadband was as slow as dial-up, when it worked at all. When we complained, we were essentially told to go elsewhere. Terrible service, worse customer service.

Virgin, if you can get it, is definitely the best of a bad bunch.  Ask to cancel, wait a week or two for the "cancellation team" to call then get a modem and speed upgrade.  Squeeze whatever you can get out of them.