I'm off the pints the last couple of weeks so that's grand, but I'll hear none of this crazy talk about coffee. Lives would be lost.

I drink coffee maybe three times a year! Pints are about once every three weeks these days (low carb diet for diabetes - works wonders, but is also soul-destroying!). Rest of diet is high protein, high (healthy) fat, high fibre.

My shits are usually monolithic sea cables, so I think it was just an unlucky wipe-fest I had that morning.

Related peeve - monolithic sea cable shites. I've got like you know, places to be, Mr. Hanky, I don't have the cunting time to do seven flushes to get your to your next destination.

#6152 September 20, 2024, 09:43:30 AM Last Edit: September 20, 2024, 09:45:55 AM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: The Heretic on September 18, 2024, 09:11:25 AMVery niche pet peeves these but when american tradesmen refer to any kind of joint compound/plaster as 'mud' it fucks me right off...also when they use the term 'sodder' instead of 'solder'....that also fucks me right off...

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 18, 2024, 09:14:02 AMAloooooominum. Cunty.

This niche is where I live. Or "nitch" as they would say.

Soddering aaarn and aloooominum - they absolutely kill me every time I'm on a job with an American crew.

Also - "Stout, do you have a baaaax cutter in your tool baaaax?" - No, bah, I have a Stanley knife.

"Is that a three quattah inch wrench?" - No, bah, it's 19mm combi spanner.

"Do you have a measuring tape on the inch?" - No, bah, mine is metric - you'll have to figure it out.

"So I gotta do math?" - MATHS! YEH FUCKIN' LANGER! MATHS!

Then I'm normally led away to mutter into my toolkit and vent on local metal scene talkpages.

Aspirational jibba jabba cunts. These fucking useless slogans of such utter hollowness rattled out by fuckers who surely can't look at themselves in the mirror with any respect. You know the shite, always believe the impossible, achieve the dream, succeed the unsucceedable, yolo best life shite. In the job, there's a cunt who posts one every day on a yoke they use for other useful communications, so I can't find a way to turn it off without killing stuff I actually need. There was one recently, the "only losers quit" type which someone replied about it being healthy to quit an abusive relationship, should have seen the backpedalling. It's hateful stuff, otherwise. May death come swiftly if I'm ever stuck in a lift with one of these shells.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 20, 2024, 03:56:28 PMAspirational jibba jabba cunts. These fucking useless slogans of such utter hollowness rattled out by fuckers who surely can't look at themselves in the mirror with any respect. You know the shite, always believe the impossible, achieve the dream, succeed the unsucceedable, yolo best life shite. In the job, there's a cunt who posts one every day on a yoke they use for other useful communications, so I can't find a way to turn it off without killing stuff I actually need. There was one recently, the "only losers quit" type which someone replied about it being healthy to quit an abusive relationship, should have seen the backpedalling. It's hateful stuff, otherwise. May death come swiftly if I'm ever stuck in a lift with one of these shells.

I have that shit 5 days a week and I'd love to set fire to it

Ah jaysus, that's brutal  :laugh:

I once shut up one of those pricks when they said "what's your excuse" with "I couldn't be arsed and I'm not insecure enough I need to foist faux inspirational quotes on others".

Cunts, like.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 20, 2024, 03:56:28 PMAspirational jibba jabba cunts. These fucking useless slogans of such utter hollowness rattled out by fuckers who surely can't look at themselves in the mirror with any respect. You know the shite, always believe the impossible, achieve the dream, succeed the unsucceedable, yolo best life shite. In the job, there's a cunt who posts one every day on a yoke they use for other useful communications, so I can't find a way to turn it off without killing stuff I actually need. There was one recently, the "only losers quit" type which someone replied about it being healthy to quit an abusive relationship, should have seen the backpedalling. It's hateful stuff, otherwise. May death come swiftly if I'm ever stuck in a lift with one of these shells.

Ahh fuck that's gotta be a top 10 one, maybe even top 5. I hate those posts that are "Take the leap, do the thing" etc etc. I'm always like, mind your own business ya cunts, worry about your own life.

I was asked by one of those cunts years ago "why are you always so negative?"

Says I "a battery won't work with only positive".... they don't like my little statements it seems

My big pet peeve at the minute seems to be that the sum total of humour online these days seems to be variations of, "this word rhymes with this word". Not just puns, but tons of other variations of it. All the elf on the shelf variations. The Texas Twainsaw Massacre (complete with pic of Shania holding a chainsaw) etc etc. It is absolutely braindead humour for braindead people. It's most prevalent on FB. Watch out for it next time you're scrolling, you won't be able to unsee it.

Try and introduce them to puns  :laugh:

Quote from: Mooncat on September 20, 2024, 09:01:21 PMMy big pet peeve at the minute seems to be that the sum total of humour online these days seems to be variations of, "this word rhymes with this word". Not just puns, but tons of other variations of it. All the elf on the shelf variations. The Texas Twainsaw Massacre (complete with pic of Shania holding a chainsaw) etc etc. It is absolutely braindead humour for braindead people. It's most prevalent on FB. Watch out for it next time you're scrolling, you won't be able to unsee it.

I deleted FB and Instagram for this, and other reasons... disclaimer, did reactivate Instagram as I'm on the lookout for a new tattoo and it seems to be a good source for portfolios. But otherwise it's completely vacuous and only serves to either make you feel bad about yourself or despair completely for the future of humanity. FB was a good way to keep connected with people years ago but that element seems to have long gone.

Quote from: John Kimble on September 21, 2024, 03:20:38 PM
Quote from: Mooncat on September 20, 2024, 09:01:21 PMMy big pet peeve at the minute seems to be that the sum total of humour online these days seems to be variations of, "this word rhymes with this word". Not just puns, but tons of other variations of it. All the elf on the shelf variations. The Texas Twainsaw Massacre (complete with pic of Shania holding a chainsaw) etc etc. It is absolutely braindead humour for braindead people. It's most prevalent on FB. Watch out for it next time you're scrolling, you won't be able to unsee it.

I deleted FB and Instagram for this, and other reasons... disclaimer, did reactivate Instagram as I'm on the lookout for a new tattoo and it seems to be a good source for portfolios. But otherwise it's completely vacuous and only serves to either make you feel bad about yourself or despair completely for the future of humanity. FB was a good way to keep connected with people years ago but that element seems to have long gone.

Pretty much the only reason I still have it is because I live abroad now and feel like I need it to stay connected. It has struck me of late though that realistically I'm not using it for that at all. Most of my friends don't post anymore, and the ones that do are more acquaintances. All the major communication is via Whatsapp group chats these days. Still can't quite bring myself to pull the plug though.

Tried to remove the saddle from my acoustic, ended up pulling the bridge out 🤦

Your supermarket "rival". As in, the person that seems to always be in front of the item you want, ot gets the last one, is in front of you in the queue and then acts surprised that they're being asked for payment and takes an age to root it out.