Quote from: Iliketortles on August 28, 2024, 10:53:07 AMIf you go into the jacks to take a piss instead of using the urinals, you're a fucking prick.

I do this frequently, especially if it's a crowded trough instead of urinals. I'm not fond of standing shoulder to shoulder with lads with my dick in my hand, watching the splash from their piss bounce off the trough and onto my clothes... but hey if it works for you, go get em tiger!  🐯

Cubicle is always first choice unless it's occupied. I don't piss against a wall at home so I'm not gonna do it elsewhere.

The local shop/takeaway has gone to shit since being under new management.

They used to do lovely fresh dinners and salads, and the best takeaways (particular the chicken, and pizzas) in the area, now it's just typical deli shite and frozen chipper fare, badly made.

Plus they don't have much in the way of things like toiletries, or cleaning products, and what little fruit and veg they have is only restocked every few weeks. Plenty of your fucking cheap, nasty cakes and stuff like that in stock though. And no fucking newspapers or magazines anymore.

And most of the decent staff have left too.

Granted I'm not an invalid (just a lazy bastard) and there are plenty of other options, like deliveries, or actually going into town etc, but it's just a shame to see it go to the dogs, especially as the original owners made a decent business out of it.   

It'll be gone in a year, most of those places have 6-12 month leases and the balance sheet will be very one sided if that's the carry on.

Yeah, shocking really. The place used to be busy all day, now most people seem to have taken their business elsewhere. The takeaway in particular used to have a line out the door in the evenings, and they were doing loads of deliveries too. Now it seems completely dead.   

As I say, it's a shame for the area, and becuase the family that owned it originally were sound, and had a nice set up there.

Another pet peeve - The lass down the street is out arguing with her parents and former in laws. They've always been a bit rough but it's usually quiet enough, and they keep it behind closed doors.

I can't stand that shit. Nobody needs to be airing their private matters in public.

I just hope it's a one off, and doesn't become a regular occurrence. Everyone else around here keeps to themselves thank fuck. 

Been there in the past, it's a fucking pain. The worst was the couple in the flat below mine when I lived in Dubbelin teowin, the floorboards were very thin.

I'm fortunate in that our estate is fairly quiet. Nobody dodgy around (bar a family of absolute scum that were next door to us for a year or so, ended up being dragged out of the house when the father pulled a knife on the landlord. Who was a detective) and most people keep to themselves, to the point that I couldn't name at least half of my neighbours.

#6051 August 29, 2024, 07:09:50 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 07:11:52 PM by The Wretch
Yeah, aside from the handful of other original tenants I knew before we all moved here, I only really know a couple of my neighbours in this estate by name.

Although I know a fair few people in the general area, becuase my grandfather's place was just up the road from here, and most of the family have lived in that house at some stage in our lives. Although in my case it was back in the early 80's. 

I have cunts living a few doors down. At least 3 adults (mother, adult daughter and don't have a clue who the other one is possibly a son plus there are other regular adult inhabitants) and 3 preschool kids (2 belong to the mother, and one the daughter just had it few months ago) all living in a small 3 bedroom house.  They like to blast shit dance music when they are outside so that everyone in the estate can hear it whether they like it or not, plus they are fond of sitting in the front garden until all hours and they don't have hushed quiet conversations.  The mother also sounds like the aliens from Mars Attacks when she screams at the kids, it does my head in.   

Quote from: John Kimble on August 20, 2024, 06:37:36 PMHaha yeah, that's the cunt alright. The lack of self awareness would be hilarious, if it wasn't so fucking sad. One minute it's this whole "get off social media and get living" shtick, the next it's look at me staring out a window with my top off and contemplating how great I am, while documenting every miniscule, facile aspect of my life on social media. Which one is it?! I'm also conscious that it may come across as a bit uncharitable on my part, as I'm sure this lad has had some struggles throughout his life...but haven't we all, really?

No, if you met him it would instantly harden your resolve. Saw him yesterday doing his thing and.... yeah...

#6054 August 30, 2024, 05:44:12 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 05:49:39 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Anvil on August 29, 2024, 07:17:23 PMI have cunts living a few doors down. At least 3 adults (mother, adult daughter and don't have a clue who the other one is possibly a son plus there are other regular adult inhabitants) and 3 preschool kids (2 belong to the mother, and one the daughter just had it few months ago) all living in a small 3 bedroom house.  They like to blast shit dance music when they are outside so that everyone in the estate can hear it whether they like it or not, plus they are fond of sitting in the front garden until all hours and they don't have hushed quiet conversations.  The mother also sounds like the aliens from Mars Attacks when she screams at the kids, it does my head in.   

Yeah, I had some of that before I moved here, I was in an apartment, and most of the neighbours were grand, but at one stage a couple of lads moved in down stairs, playing dance music, always off their face. Sometimes one of the them would have his aul lad (I think the mother would get fed up of him and kick him out of the house for a while) living there, and he was one of those pissheads who would be begging money.

They also tried throwing their weight around with the older residents living nearby, and a disabled man who was in the ground floor apartment. Insufferable cunts. Luckily they didn't last long.

There were also a couple there for a few months who were forever arguing and breaking shit. I was coming in one evening after work and caught him punching her full force in the face, so I grabbed him and threw him into their apartment, and told her to ring someone to collect her. A few days later I was coming in from work again, and there was your man lying halfway out of the door, bleeding profusely, including from the eyes and ears. Her brother in law and a couple of mates had apparently come in, kicked the door in, and kicked seven shades of shit out of him.

I can't say I felt overly sorry for him, but I couldn't really leave him there to die. So I rang the ambulance, and let them in, and left them to it. Next morning I get a call from one of the lads who kicked the shit out of him warning me not to say anything to the Guards. Around 10 that night he rings back and apologizes.

I gather he ran into my aul lads brother and a couple of his mates (who all worked security jobs over the years) somewhere, and was told not to bother me again.   

The gas of it is, the guy they beat up came in to collect his stuff when he got out of hospital, and she was back with him, after all that aggro.

When I was living in college dance heads moved in next door. Now I like a party as much as the next man but these cunts were at it 7 days a week blaring shyte dance music. I knocked on the door one day and politely asked them to keep it to 2 or 3 days a week. Was told to fuck the fuck off. So found out when they had an exam and the day before brought in the full PA and blasted deicide on repeat till 7am in the morning. Met them as they came back from the exam and told them 2 to 3 days a week lads or ye will get that every night. Softened their cough.

An neighbours!
What a glorious bunch. At the moment it's fairly ok where I live.
I'd still to have a flamethrower just to wave about every now and then , lat them know what's what.
The fella on one side polishes his car every second day while his wife stands there watching giving him the look of death.

I wish he'd wash mine, doesn't have to polish it. I'll let him off with just a wash.

I live in a nice part of town now, the only "disturbance" is the neighbour's kiddo likes to have a roaring contest with herself :laugh:

A lifetime ago and old housemate was mad for the ride with random lads, few nights a week. Grand and all, but not when everyone else in the house would need to be up for work at a reasonable hour.

Her headboard was against my wall so I heard the worst of it. I did the only reasonable thing I could do, and burned a death metal compilation called "Grace Getting Laid". I opened it with  Cryptopsy's "Crown of Horns". When she complained about it, I said (in reference to the intro) "that's what you sound like getting the ride".

Quote from: Circlepit on August 30, 2024, 09:55:50 PMAn neighbours!
What a glorious bunch. At the moment it's fairly ok where I live.
I'd still to have a flamethrower just to wave about every now and then , lat them know what's what.
The fella on one side polishes his car every second day while his wife stands there watching giving him the look of death.

I wish he'd wash mine, doesn't have to polish it. I'll let him off with just a wash.

I've a lad on one side who does the exact same thing and he's a knob along with it.

Ever have a lad that says well one day and then acts like you've done something to him the next? I have that and all I do is consistently look through him as if he isn't there but I fell into the trap of acknowledgement for a bit at the start before I learned my lesson

Quote from: Ducky on August 30, 2024, 10:05:53 PMA lifetime ago and old housemate was mad for the ride with random lads, few nights a week. Grand and all, but not when everyone else in the house would need to be up for work at a reasonable hour.

Her headboard was against my wall so I heard the worst of it. I did the only reasonable thing I could do, and burned a death metal compilation called "Grace Getting Laid". I opened it with  Cryptopsy's "Crown of Horns". When she complained about it, I said (in reference to the intro) "that's what you sound like getting the ride".

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Who was riding her, The Thing?