Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 07, 2020, 01:32:37 PM
Nah,  this is a step further from the Damo Rice/ Lisa Hannigan whishhhpery shhhtuff. They'd make Damo Rice sound like Brutal Truth.

Ah yeah I know the gear you're on about. Genuinely shocking stuff. Every syllable sounds like a trod-on hamster squeaking.

I've a soft spot for some Damo Rice, fair bit of fingering done to his first EP and album :laugh:

This is the fucking thing I was on about. Not quite as twee as I remember, but compare Chaka Kahn fucking belting it out, or this limp-dick autotune insult.

https://youtu.be/5j1RCys4R0g

Ah the oul fingering albums. My first bout of fingering was done to Houses of the Holy. She was rough out but eager and that album is still one of my favourites to this day.

I hope she didn't hurt you!

Quote from: Ducky on February 07, 2020, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 07, 2020, 01:32:37 PM
Nah,  this is a step further from the Damo Rice/ Lisa Hannigan whishhhpery shhhtuff. They'd make Damo Rice sound like Brutal Truth.

Ah yeah I know the gear you're on about. Genuinely shocking stuff. Every syllable sounds like a trod-on hamster squeaking.

I've a soft spot for some Damo Rice, fair bit of fingering done to his first EP and album :laugh:

This is the fucking thing I was on about. Not quite as twee as I remember, but compare Chaka Kahn fucking belting it out, or this limp-dick autotune insult.

https://youtu.be/5j1RCys4R0g

I was in town before Christmas and noticed there were loads of young ones out busking.  No bad thing,  in and of itself,  but they all sang with that exact same voice.  I remarked to the missus that there must be some famous singer I haven't heard who they are all mimicking.  They could all sing but their voices were 100% identical.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 07, 2020, 05:37:34 PM

I was in town before Christmas and noticed there were loads of young ones out busking.  No bad thing,  in and of itself,  but they all sang with that exact same voice.  I remarked to the missus that there must be some famous singer I haven't heard who they are all mimicking.  They could all sing but their voices were 100% identical.

Whingy asthmatic shite in the vein of Walking On Cars and Picture This? Seems to be the only type of 'rock' that's played on radio stations here.

Philip Schofield being gay is somehow newsworthy...next thing they'll be telling us there's sand in the Sahara desert

Married for 27 years and with kids... that in itself does make it a bit of a stand out. If he'd been single all this time you'd be like... why'd he wait soooo long + kinda guessed he was.

Quote from: Pedrito on February 07, 2020, 05:29:29 PM
Ah the oul fingering albums. My first bout of fingering was done to Houses of the Holy. She was rough out but eager and that album is still one of my favourites to this day.

"Where's that confounded clit" :laugh:

Quote from: Aborted on February 07, 2020, 09:31:03 PM
Married for 27 years and with kids... that in itself does make it a bit of a stand out. If he'd been single all this time you'd be like... why'd he wait soooo long + kinda guessed he was.

First Barrymore, now schofield 🙈

Grunge bands were whingy fuckin singers as well...long before Sheeran showed up..

Quote from: Aborted on February 07, 2020, 09:31:03 PM

All joking aside, she must be the only person in the UK and Ireland who didn't twig that he's gay.

Every single bar and pub I go into now has a girl/lad doing the acoustic version of generic pop songs in that exact style. All for musicians getting out and paid for a nights work but when your in your 4th bar of the night hearing the same cover of I assume some Ed Sheeran-esque song I'm ready for the rope. Especially as they usually have the PA turned to night club volumes

#1138 February 07, 2020, 11:53:06 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:55:07 PM by Paul keohane
Im always intrigued with people that come out as gay after decades of being in a relationship with a member of the opposite sex.Surely there is a point much earlier in life where you twig that you wouldnt mind a bit of bellend in the arse?.Lifes to short, was he taking a bit of wavin secretly on the side all those years to satisfy the cravings?.

Either way best of luck to him,it was hardly a big shock.

Yeah it's a pain in the hole, the soft voice and all that's one thing, it's the fact they can't write their own music and they mooch off decent old songs and generally make them sound shit.

Walking through town hearing them is like sitting through an episode of fucking greys anatomy ,and I know this because my missus watches the shite as well, other than that life is great 😀