Quote from: Pedrito on November 19, 2020, 04:30:51 PM
Jesus that remastered version is blistering. What a performance by the drummer.
Just listened to it today for the first time. Savage.

If we wanted to turn this into a versus thing, how do folk compare Storm... to Anthems..., which came out more or less two years later? It certainly, not as if any more were needed, makes that fuckin' Casio horn section all the more unforgivable!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 22, 2020, 07:00:26 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on November 19, 2020, 04:30:51 PM
Jesus that remastered version is blistering. What a performance by the drummer.
Just listened to it today for the first time. Savage.

If we wanted to turn this into a versus thing, how do folk compare Storm... to Anthems..., which came out more or less two years later? It certainly, not as if any more were needed, makes that fuckin' Casio horn section all the more unforgivable!

I'd opt for Storm any day of the week. The video for "The Loss and Curse of Reverence" certainly made me sit up and take notice when I first saw it on either Headbanger's Ball or Into the Pit shortly after Anthem's release. Having said that in no way did it compare to the buzz I felt on hearing Night's Blood, Where Dead Angels Lie or Thorns of Crimson Death for the first time. Its brilliance hasn't even remotely dimmed in the intervening quarter of a century. Dissection has always and will always carry a greater personal preference than Emperor. No offence to the latter.

Just banged it on for the first time in years - it's a masterpiece, easily the best black metal album of all time for me.

Glad I caught them live at The Village in 2004 - anyone else here at that gig?

Quote from: jpm4 on November 22, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
Just banged it on for the first time in years - it's a masterpiece, easily the best black metal album of all time for me.

Was in Australia for two years at the time. Absolutely devestated to have missed it especially in the light of subsequent events.

Quote from: jpm4 on November 22, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
Possibly my all time favourite gig,flawless!.Everthing on the night just fell into place,sound,set,crowd etc!,magical.

Here's a few fairly shitty pics from the gig in 2004:
https://ibb.co/album/g4vcpq
Can you find yourselves? Lol

That's class, just spotted my fine self. That was some gig though I don't remember it being packed in that way at all for some reason. Was a fantastic gig, and it was clear from moment Nodtveidt walked out on stage that he was light years ahead of anyone else on the stage that night. Gifted, so impressive.

Yeah! gang of us from Cork there in the photo.

Can see myself at the back with a full head of hair!  :abbath:

Anyone know where I could get a decent mp3 of the first 2 albums? Looking at the usual sites, it's actually not easy to track down and I'm not paying amazon 15 quid for mp3's when I have the cd's sitting in a box back on the hallowed ground.

Quote from: Pedrito on January 21, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
Anyone know where I could get a decent mp3 of the first 2 albums? Looking at the usual sites, it's actually not easy to track down and I'm not paying amazon 15 quid for mp3's when I have the cd's sitting in a box back on the hallowed ground.
https://rawkbawx.rocks/torrents.php?search=Dissection

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 21, 2021, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on January 21, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
https://rawkbawx.rocks/torrents.php?search=Dissection

Some boy. They could have done with you on Capitol Hill.

Been listening to The Somberlain non stop all week.  They were just streets ahead of everyone else. Epic!

Wonderful record. I remember being over the moon finding the Live In Stockholm 2004 CD in Into The Void years ago. The sound isn't great, but that album's recording of Where Dead Angels Lie is still the definitive version for me.