Quote from: Don Gately on January 22, 2021, 08:30:39 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 22, 2021, 08:24:17 PM
Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch?

OK you've convinced me, I'm off to get my Jimmy Saville white gloves.

If you see the babe on the album cover you'll know why. A lad at home used to think it was called Molesting The Handicapped for some reason and that always makes me laugh. Shoulda called it that if you're going all out.

Gave the new Asphyx  a spin earlier,sounds very good on first listen.

#4008 January 23, 2021, 08:05:26 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:13:25 AM by Eoin McLove
Cannibal Corpse- The Bleeding.

It's a long time since I stuck this on. It was a staple of listening throughout the 90s and it still sounds fantastic. It has that early 90s muffled production but you can still somehow hear every detail. The lads were something else for writing a heavy and memorable riff and every song has its own identity. Savage stuff.

Butchered at Birth on now.  Going to keep the CC buzz going!

Yeah deadly stuff on those early albums but I was never a fan of Barnes vocals. Bloodthirst would always be my go to for CC

'The Bleeding' is their finest work imo but why did they change the cover art? Nowadays all you can get is this version with new (crap looking) artwork. The original is much better.

Slayer - Reign in blood

Ablaze my Sorrow-If Emotions Still Burn and The Plague. Bought both on the recommendation of one Tommy Tighe back in the day. Debut is now quarter of a century old. On a related topic they've a new album in the pipeline scheduled for release on Black Lion Records next month. I definitely wasn't expecting the clean vocals but it's still very good on initial impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jWTiTs6Za8

Quote from: leatherface on January 23, 2021, 12:20:53 PM
'The Bleeding' is their finest work imo but why did they change the cover art? Nowadays all you can get is this version with new (crap looking) artwork. The original is much better.

Thankfully I have the original CD.  I was looking at their merch last night and all the old designs have the crap new logo on top. No thanks.

Massacre - From Beyond
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

Quote from: Mr Barlow on January 23, 2021, 04:11:21 PM
Massacre - From Beyond
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
One of the finest DM albums ever released.

https://youtu.be/dO8SfWn2QHY

Slayer - South of Heaven

I had the original The Bleeding t shirt back in the day,was drunkenly close to buying it for stupid money on Ebay recently.

Saw a bootleg site on Instagram doing retro Corpse shirts lately. I'll lash it up if I come across it again.