Obtest- 'Iš Kartos Į Kartą'. Brilliant album and one I don't listen to anywhere near enough.

#1456 May 01, 2020, 03:19:52 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:34:18 PM by Eoin McLove
Arcturus- Constellation (Kyrck CD reissue). Man,  'My Angel' is such a nutty song. I love it.

Cirith Ungol - Forever Black
Really digging this album, looking forward to vinyl arriving....but, I've just thrown on
Satan - Life Sentence
and I think it must still be the greatest enormous gap comeback album ever. Been ages since I listened to it though. Why? Why! Such a great listen in so many ways!

Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall.
Ugh! What a fucking great album. I'd love to see them live again.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 01, 2020, 08:14:56 AM
Obtest- 'Iš Kartos Į Kartą'. Brilliant album and one I don't listen to anywhere near enough.

Ha, my buddy was just on about that last night and sent me a link. Must check it out.

I'm just listening to what Jason Sherlock started after he finished playing with the Dublin footbal team in 2010
http://everlastingspewrecords.bandcamp.com/album/infernal-atrocity

You know I can really hear the GAA influence on the sound. "Enticement to Carnivorous Impoverishment" really embodies the true spirit of lifting the Sam Maguire

Grave Miasma - Exalted Emanation, fantastic release, and a perfect example of letting the music and arrangements build the atmosphere rather than gimmicks.
Serpent Column - Ornuthi Thalassa, excellent release, don't ask me what it's about though, I don't speak much classical Greek.
Destroyer 666 - Terror Abraxas a stone cold classic, though I do prefer the new arrangement of Trialed by Fire.
NED XXX - S/T even after 6 months, this still sounds bonkers. Technical prog black metal? Mental.

#1462 May 02, 2020, 03:37:34 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:39:40 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Snare on May 02, 2020, 11:37:14 AM
I'm just listening to what Jason Sherlock started after he finished playing with the Dublin footbal team in 2010
http://everlastingspewrecords.bandcamp.com/album/infernal-atrocity

:laugh:
With the Australia connection, I presume this is Mortification's old drummer. Used to make the same joke back then too.

Man is the Bastard- Mancruel.

High on Fire - Electric Messiah

Not a game changer by any means but you know what you're going to get with HOF, they still rule.

This evening I had a little palate cleanser with Nick Cave - Ghosteen, a heartbreaker of an album. The lyrical imagery just sweeps me up. Beautiful.
Ill Omen - The Grand Usurper, BM from Oz with a big nod to DMDS era Mayhem. Vox by BR (Grave Upheaval)
Diocletian - Doom Cult, for the weekend that should have seen them playing here. Belter of an album.

Quote from: Scáthach on May 01, 2020, 10:12:27 PM
Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall.
Ugh! What a fucking great album. I'd love to see them live again.
Up there with the best DM releases over the last decade,i regret being too wasted when they played Dublin that time with Primordial!

Im on a bit of a Greek buzz this week,early Rotting Christ,Varathron,and especially Necromantia!.I discovered a lot of these bands at a time in my teens when i was overloaded with so much death metal ,so didnt give some of these albums the attention they deserved.

Samael -  Ceremony of Opposites

Today sees a trip to the Antipodes
Sinistrous Diabolous - Total Doom // Desecration
Portal - Vexovoid
Temple Nightside - The Hecatomb
Up next Vassafor - Malediction