Would you believe I've never had that thought before, but now you mention it I wonder why not.

Pink Floyd - Pulse
Devin Townsend Project - The Retinal Circus

Listened to them both through and ended up watching the videos for them both, good buzz

Mgła - Exercises in Futility

#1428 April 26, 2020, 01:28:10 AM Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:01:34 AM by astfgyl
Will Haven - Carpe Diem.

I am thoroughly enjoying this on its' biannual spin

Mortem - Demon Tales

Altar of plagues, White Tomb. Still my favourite of theirs.

Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force

Fucking proper.

Blut aus Nord - Hallucinogen

Grunt -  Codex Bizzare

#1434 April 27, 2020, 09:23:24 AM Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:45:44 AM by Eoin McLove
Nile- In Their Darkened Shrines.

I was feeling brave after that and stuck on Origin's 'Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas' from the same year. It's not one I ever got into despite picking up (No doubt due to the Relapse association) because around then my attention was heading more deeply into doom and black metal. No denying the skill and heaviness but I don't see myself giving this much more love.

I had Informis... on my phone for a week or two lately but could never bring myself to hit play despite absolutely adoring it as a young fella.

#1436 April 27, 2020, 02:20:54 PM Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:25:58 PM by Eoin McLove
Nothing wrong with it at all. It is tight, ferocious and technical. Just not really the thing I'm looking for.  Somehow the early Nile stuff managed to combine all that with a real sense of gloomy atmosphere, which makes them more interesting to me.

New 1349 record is decent. I really rate this band but I never seem to find out about their stuff until after it comes out. Other than that I'm trying to ride the good weather while it lasts, and George Harrison's All Things Must Pass is a great record in this weather, or any weather for that matter.

I'll never forget yer man from 1349 nearly setting his head on fire doing his fire breathing thing supporting Enslaved in The Village back in the day

They set the air conditioner on fire the last time they played in voodoo. Fire alarms going off and all.
:laugh:
Abyssal - Novit enum Dominus qui sint eius. Excellent, I'm really fond of this band. Not quite as adventurous as the next 2 full lengths but a compelling listen all the same. If, of course, this type of death / Black / Doom floats your boat.