Ordered the Portal cassette box from Hell's Headbangers, arrived today and it looks class. Tape box sets are always decent because they take up fuck all space. Got to listening though and christ Portal are savage band. Saw them years ago when they played Temples (what a festival!) in Bristol, they toured with Impetuous Ritual, who I believe are pretty much the same line-up.

Yeah I like the recent mini fad for tape boxsets, got the Therion one and Gospel of The Horns and looking at getting the Thou Art Lord one. Great way to dive into a band's discography without selling a kidney.
Only drawback is I'm always a bit on edge playing 'em in case of the dreaded sound of you know what
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: kiehozero on April 21, 2020, 01:02:37 PM
Ordered the Portal cassette box from Hell's Headbangers, arrived today and it looks class. Tape box sets are always decent because they take up fuck all space. Got to listening though and christ Portal are savage band. Saw them years ago when they played Temples (what a festival!) in Bristol, they toured with Impetuous Ritual, who I believe are pretty much the same line-up.

I got that boxset from Floga Records last week
Sweet little package
The quality is very good
I have Outre on 12" from Hell's Headbangers, & the tape inlay is easier to read! Great quality

I saw them at Temples fest a few years back as well
It was so suffocating, after like 35-40 mins I had to leave, but as I was nearing the door they had finished
They were intense!
Impetuous Ritual were good
Was talking to one of the Portal or IR lads after
Was just talking rugby though :)

Was blasting the tapes in the kitchen over the weekend
Went down really well while cooking & supping wine n' beers!
They are something else

Some photos of Temples Fest

Meshuggah - Nothing. Bought the CD lately after losing the original over the years. That and Catch 33 and I is basically enough Meshuggah for me though, I can't be bothered with the rest of it

Treatment - low
Amon Amarth- the live one from summer breeze

Abyssal - A beacon in the husk. An absolute monster of an album. Death / Black / Doom, with some dark ambient sounds woven around and on top of the other instruments. Something of a concept album, lyrics indebted to C. G. Jung and his Red Book imagery. FFO Teitanblood, Vassafor, Temple Night Side.
Bolzer - Lese Majesty, fucking Bolzer 'nuff said.
Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir, not their most enjoyable for me but does the job.

Earth - The Bees Made Honey in The Lion's Skull.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on April 23, 2020, 01:20:29 PM
Earth - The Bees Made Honey in The Lion's Skull.

Earth are great. I got all their stuff off bandcamp for free a while back and I really buzzed hard off it for ages. Hibernaculum is class as well that's going on today. And Hex. And Earth 2. And Full Upon Her Burning Lips. Not too keen on the few bits that have vocals though.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

Quote from: ldj on April 23, 2020, 05:23:50 PM
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

Can't beat it - crusher of a record. For Victory as well.

Warmoon Lord - Burning Banners of the Funereal War

Finnish BM from last year, came across them just now reading the AMA Lankum are doing on Reddit and some lad was talking to a member of the band about them, sounds pretty good. Very old school production.

Quote from: open face surgery on April 23, 2020, 08:38:10 PM
This beaut: https://templenightside.bandcamp.com/album/damnation
Deadly. I had completely forgotten this was released.Cheers for the reminder. That's going on the playlist for later. The full album should be out later this year. On a related note, the new Vassafor album is finished and has been sent to the label.

#1423 April 24, 2020, 04:32:38 PM Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:35:38 PM by astfgyl
Nirvana - Bleach.

Brilliant.

And before that I had Sappy on which is also great.

Yup. Great album. Had it on earlier in the week as well. Sappy is a great tune. Shoulda whacked it onto Incesticide.