Vredehammer - Viperous.

I'm not familiar with their earlier stuff but I'm enjoying this one. Black/Death with a bit of synth thrown in here and there.

Ride for Revenge- 'Sinking the Song'. The LP arrived today so I'm giving it its first spin. Sounds good in a later-era RfR sort of way, which essentially means not as good as the first two albums. I still like what they are at but I think in losing some of the weirdness of the early stuff and becoming a bit more standard and heavy sounding, the strange magic that made them so unique to me in the first place has been lost.

On a side note, I watched the video for the new Hail Conjuror song from their forthcoming LP earlier and thought it was really good. For no good reason I have managed not to pick up any of their stuff yet so I should get on that before it's all out of print. 

Lots and lots of Killing Joke, mostly Pylon and Absolute Dissent but taking in much of the last 20 years worth of albums.

Finally opened the last Lankum record today, it's great stuff but tinged with the sadness of knowing that Roadburn is almost definitely going to be cancelled.

Quote from: kiehozero on March 17, 2020, 06:28:24 PM
Finally opened the last Lankum record today, it's great stuff but tinged with the sadness of knowing that Roadburn is almost definitely going to be cancelled.

Aye, today was the day they would've been playing here in Cork for St Patrick's Day. Not now.

Def Leppard - High N Dry
I once heard someone describe it as the best AC/DC album that AC/DC never released.
It's an amazing album that is rammed full of great riffs.

Evile - "Five Serpent's Teeth".

Aside from the grammatical goof in the title (priorities!), it's low key one of the best thrash albums ever.

Sure, it's entirely derivative of 80s Metallica, but it's just as memorable. I'm convinced if this was released under Metallica's name everyone would've lost their minds and declared it the second coming.

Plus, Ol Drake is an amazing lead player.

Moenen of Xezbeth/ Obrok split 7". Landed today and it sounds good to me. Simplistic filthy fun.

Lugubrum -  De Vette Cuecken

I must pick up some Lugubrum records.  Long on my radar and I like what I've heard.  They seem like an unusual bunch of characters.

Tchornobog. Awesome album.

This morning has been:

Qrixkuor - Three Devils Dance
Grave Upheaval - Untitled 1
Departure Chandelier - Antichrist Rise to Power
Vorum - Current Mouth
Excoriate - On Pestilent Wings
Mortem - De Natura Daemonum

Last night / today...

MINENWERFER - Alpenpässe
NEFARIOUS DUSK - The Wanderer of the Cold North
RUDRA - Enemy of Duality

Anthrax - Vol 8 and WCFYA on a long walk. The latter is a better album by far but 8 has some serious bangers.