Invocation - Attunement To Death

Rory - Check Shirt Wizard & Calling Hard bootleg.
Cancer - Death Shall Rise & To The Gory End

"I ceremonially predicted your distress."

:abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

#1263 March 11, 2020, 06:54:59 PM Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:26:00 AM by Thorn
Skogen - Vittra

Perfect for a bleak ,drizzly day as are so many Nordvis bands.  No Fenriz type hike should be undertaken without this! Works Just as well sat by the open fire  though for those of a more sedantry disposition or those with a penchant for dripping wet Swedish forests.
For fans of Agalloch, Burzum, early Enslaved, In The Woods...
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Porta Nigra - Kaiserschnitt
Bölzer - Hero
1349 - The Infernal Pathway

Listened to Draconian Times for the first time this morning - didn't know much about paradise lost but that album is a beauty!

Primordial, Storm Before Calm
Vircolac, Masque
Bolzer, Lese Majesty
Diocletian, Doom Cult
Sinmara, Within the Weaves of Infinity. I fucking love this release, its a mini epic. So many moods in such a short time. Tempo changes, guitar melodies rising from the churn and blast then sinking back in. The music along with the lyrical imagery just sweep me up every time. It's been a good day (well, in my gaff anyway)

Yeah enjoying this wotjing from home malarchy!   :) Nice opportunity to listen to LPs for the first time in yonks. Now playing Suicidal Tendencies "Still cyco...", Classic stuff after yet more years, nice start to the day.

Manowar - Battle Hymns

Not quite a Metallica level fall from grace but, still, another band whose deadly early material seems to come from another planet to the horrible shite they have put out for the last 20 years.

Celtic Frost - Vanity/Nemesis...still can't get over how good this is and why it took me this long to find out.
Vircolac - Masque...another release I meant to get onto sooner but only checking out now, doesn't disappoint.
The Black Queen - infinite Games...Greg Puciato's (DEP) other band, kinda dark synth pop, good stuff.

THE GATHERING - Nighttime Birds
PAYSAGE D'HIVER - Das Tor

Grave Upheaval - Untitled 2

Great release. Was fairly overlooked I feel.  In contrast to the previous full length, this one really shows off their songwriting chops. Hypnotic churning riffage.

I wouldn't say it was overlooked maybe on here but most of that type of music is. It seems to have been very well received in underground circles and the vinyl is sold out from the label that released it. It's a great album loved the 1st album but this is a whole other level. I love the wooden box editions even if they are overpriced. The production captures the atmosphere perfectly. One band I would love to see live someday.

Slift - Ummon
French psych garage stuff, RIYL Gnod etc

https://youtu.be/mWiJtWjrjLw