Kinda working through the Necrophobic back catalogue!,such a great band.

Cool band yeah, got a tshirt of the Darkside album from Hammerheart Recs. the other week.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Was belting this MegaDave Spotify playlist a couple of afternoons this week in the back garden. Top notch flow of tunes it must be said....

Here's a playlist for you... Quarantine by Megadeth
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0qVmQzW0cr8KNRaW4vzN9Y?si=rw-w58paQqesHPll7kLS3A

Gourd - Moldering Aberrations
Unnerving

#1324 March 27, 2020, 08:32:05 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:33:37 PM by Don Gately
Warrior Soul - Last Decade Dead Century
Forgot about this album and haven't heard it in 25 years but when it came out and for about 4 years after I listened to it daily. It is a fantastic record.

I was thinking 25 yrs (?) then checked it, turns out it's actually freaking 30 yrs next month. Here's to The Losers.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Ducky on March 27, 2020, 11:09:27 AM
Skinny Puppy - "Too Dark Park".

Great record, love that band

Testament - The Gathering
Coming up on 21 years old, its their only album ive ever bought and while ive heard most other stuff by them I still think this is their best by far for me personally. The riffs are mighty

Bad Brains - Rock for Light

Grand music for walking somewhere quickly

Quote from: Aborted on March 29, 2020, 03:19:25 PM
Testament - The Gathering
Coming up on 21 years old, its their only album ive ever bought and while ive heard most other stuff by them I still think this is their best by far for me personally. The riffs are mighty
The Gathering is class alright - their tendencies towards death metal in some songs were at their fore then. Still like Low better - it's got that crisp/sludgy 90's grunge production to it that set it somewhat apart IMO. And Dog Faced Gods is a belter.

Getting through a lot of the early Blut Aus Nord stuff at the moment

This lockdown ain't all bad.  I just got a postal delivery with a few records and a book.  Playing now...

Skepticism- Towards My End 7"

Quite different to the majestic beast Skepticism subsequently grew into but I like the rawness. The dirty, distorted, wandering bass works really well. I kind of bought it just to have it,  with low expectations, but it rules.

Also delivered today, 

Griftegård- The Four Horsemen 12" EP
Fleurety- Et Spiritus Meus Semper... 7"
Stormbane- Voracious Manifestations 7"  (thrown in for free with my order from Sentinel.  Cheers,  Scobes)
Body Drinkers- Demo tape

Graveyard Clay (Cré na Cille) by Máirtín Ó Cadhain. Apparently the first Irish language modernist novel.  A story told from the point of view of corpses in a graveyard.  Should be interesting.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 30, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
Graveyard Clay (Cré na Cille) by Máirtín Ó Cadhain. Apparently the first Irish language modernist novel.  A story told from the point of view of corpses in a graveyard.  Should be interesting.

I've it in English and as Gaeilge here, waiting for some moment when I'll have time to sit down with a bottle of peaty whiskey and spin the entire Mourning Beloveth discography while realizing clause by clause just how poor my Irish really is.

Sounds intriguing. Did you get the Irish or English version, Andy?

Listening:
Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
Arty McGlynn - McGlynn's Fancy

Picked it up in English.  The Yale edition,  which is apparently considered to be the best translation.  Mark Louth was telling me about it in work and it caught my attention as possibly being oddball and interesting.  It was cheap too.  Book Depository is your only man.