Quote from: Mags on November 17, 2019, 01:04:14 AM
I'll be damned if this isn't one of the strongest modern black metal releases in existence.

This day you shall be with me in paradise. Incredibly powerful album, a favourite of mine.

Sacred Reich - The American Way

Haven't listened to this in a while. The lyrics hold up surprisingly well 30 years later  :laugh:

Gaahls Wyrd - Gastir

I'd been ignoring his output since the Gorgoroth fiasco. Turns out I was wrong. This shit is class.

Fear Factory - Genexus

Found the output since the Dino reunion a bit patchy, thought Mechanize was great, Industrialist a bit shit, this is somewhere in the middle. Heard there's supposed to be reunion with the classic lineup in the works though?

Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed
Probably the first time I've played this since it came out. Never thought much of this record and was the last CC I actually bought. Listening to it now I can't really hear what I didn't like about it before. Sounds savage now so maybe a revisit to some of the lesser listened albums from this era is due.

Depeche Mode - Music for the masses.

Great album. My sister bough this when it came out in 1987. I being an obsessed metal head at the time never listened to it until I inherited her record collection recently (she lives abroad).  Probably my favourite album at the moment.

#966 November 19, 2019, 10:39:06 AM Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:40:51 AM by Kurt Cocaine
Quote from: Don Gately on November 19, 2019, 10:33:06 AM
Depeche Mode - Music for the masses.

Great album. My sister bough this when it came out in 1987. I being an obsessed metal head at the time never listened to it until I inherited her record collection recently (she lives abroad).  Probably my favourite album at the moment.
They're an amazing band and their output in recent times is actually quite decent.
A band definitely worth checking out live at least once in your lifetime. I've seen them 7 times now.

Enjoy The Silence live in Berlin....

https://youtu.be/-_3dc6X-Iwo

I've been back listening to a lot of Muse again recently.
I have the new one on in work here.its actually really good compared to the last one.

Vektor - Black Future

Any word from yer man since the split with the lads? It would be a shame if he fucked it up permanently.

Before the shit with his missus he was posting up a few clips and photos of him working on new stuff, but seems to have deleted all his social media now. Hopefully it'll see the light of day at some point

Yeah he deleted all his social media as videos emerged of him being an all round piece of shit to his missus and doing the ol' domestic violence shuffle.

Converge - the dusk in us

Quote from: Don Gately on November 22, 2019, 10:57:13 AM
Converge - the dusk in us
Only started proper listening to that album recently. Very solid, the usual standards from Converge really. The title song is amazing

The Dusk in Us has become one of my fave Converge records, a real mature album.

New Blood Incantation album will be on repeat today (and tomorrow)