New Agnostic Front
Blood Incantation
Frozen soundtrack. The money made from this film must be through the roof. My daughter is ready to explode over the sequel.
Sgt Peppers.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal

#948 November 12, 2019, 01:00:30 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:10:26 PM by Eoin McLove
Lankum- 'Between the Earth and Sky'. This album never clicked with me as much as the first one and I still don't think it's great.  The two new songs I've heard from the new one sound far more interesting to me so I'll have to grab the album and get stuck in.

Slidhr- 'The Futile Fires of Man'. Class album.  JD has been on something of a roll the past few years with a high release rate and a consistency of quality so hopefully there's something new on the boil.

Malokarpatan- 'Stridzie Dni'. I tend to reach for 'Nordkarpatanland' more often these days than the debut but this album is still a class act.  New album coming soon, which I'm excited about.

In Flames - Lunar Strain, Subterranean, Jester Race

They really were utterly brilliant for those first few years. Shame to hear the absolute shit they're throwing out these days

Quote from: Trev on November 12, 2019, 02:12:02 PM

They really were utterly brilliant for those first few years. Shame to hear the absolute shit they're throwing out these days

Liked them up to and including Come Clarity. Top notch Melodeath - but they did get that whiff of cash when Come Clarity hit, they've been following the money ever since with a watered down version of what they were.

Quote from: Trev on November 12, 2019, 02:12:02 PM

yeah those first couple of releases were top notch,proper Gothenburg sound!.

Been spinning God Dethroned a lot lately,they really  have some ferocious albums,Bloody Blasphemy,Ravenous,Into the Lungs of Hell,great stuff.

#953 November 14, 2019, 09:33:14 AM Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:35:18 AM by Pentagrimes
God Alone's new ep. Not bad at all, far from the AOP worship that was all over their early stuff and some interesting ideas. I'm not sure just what to make of them exactly but I definitely feel like they're doing something unique, especially in the last song.

Also gave the new Rorcal lp "Muladona" a shot yesterday. It's ok. That post-everything  Converge/Black Metal/Neurosis hybrid metal the Euros go mad for. The book it's based on seems like something I need to check out though.

Manii- 'Sinnets Irrganger' LP.  Arrived today.  These lads are hitting the precise spot for me at the moment.  Mid- paced,  epic,  grim black metal. Zero gimmickry, total craft.

Disparate devourings today..

RUSH - 2112
BLUT AUS NORD - The Odinist
DOWN IV -Part II
XENTRIX - Bury The Pain
ANGEL WITCH - Angel of Light

All over the show but all good
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

A few gentle,  delightful Saturday night beers accompanied so far by...

Beherit- Drawing Down the Moon
Mystifier- Göetia

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 12, 2019, 01:00:30 PM
Lankum- 'Between the Earth and Sky'. This album never clicked with me as much as the first one and I still don't think it's great.  The two new songs I've heard from the new one sound far more interesting to me so I'll have to grab the album and get stuck in.

The new one is incredible, it sounds absolutely massive. Between the Earth and Sky is definitely harder to get into compared to the first one; though in saying that the whole album has more of a cohesive earthy feel. The Granite Gaze is also probably still the most powerful thing they've written as an original.

I'm spinning 'Thantifaxath - Void Masquerading as Matter'. I'll be damned if this isn't one of the strongest modern black metal releases in existence.

Visigoth - Conquerors Oath. Excellent, can't stop listening to it.