#930 November 08, 2019, 09:15:01 AM Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:18:56 AM by Nail_Bombed
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 08, 2019, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: leatherface on November 08, 2019, 12:19:33 AM
Dead Kennedys- Bedtime For Democracy

Not many seem to appreciate this one from DK but it's full of great songs, 'One way ticket to Pluto' is amazing.

My favourite DK album. Christ they really were an incredible band in their day.

You can't really separate Jello Biafra's voice and ideas from the DK's. They're inextricably linked IMO. Not to say that the musicianship as well wasn't important - that buzzing surf punk guitar of East Bay Ray and Klaus is as much part of DK's as Jello's voice - but whatever version of the DK's that's around at the moment is not really the DK's anymore - just a cover band.

At least Jello moved on and did different things - and a lot of them have been great stuff like Lard ,The Jelvins, Guantanamo School of Medicine. I just wish I could visit the alternative universe that had Jello and Hank Rollins do a record together.

Lard and Tumor Circus are really the only post DK things I like. Deffo couldn't give two fucks about the Continuation Dead Kennedys but I also think great as Jello is, the actual musicians made that band just as big a deal. The lyrics are great but the melodies, the instrumentation and the energy are just as huge a deal to me.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 08, 2019, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: leatherface on November 08, 2019, 12:19:33 AM
Dead Kennedys- Bedtime For Democracy

Not many seem to appreciate this one from DK but it's full of great songs, 'One way ticket to Pluto' is amazing.

My favourite DK album. Christ they really were an incredible band in their day.

A great underrated album for sure, "Where do ya draw the line" is a personal favourite but as good as it is , "Plastic Surgery Disasters " beats it by a mile. What a band though

Love the Kennedys. Must dig them out on erm... Spotify

Not so much 'now playing' as what i've been at the last few days:

Lingua Ignota - "All Bitches Die", just to take a break from Caligula)

Ex Eye - "Ex Eye", absolute class, also back in rotation after seeing Colin Stetson is doing the soundtrack for the anime adaptation of

Junji Ito's Uzumaki (Ito is the king)

Foetus - "Love", always great, like a lot of Foetus but always come back to this one.

Coilguns - "Watchwinders", only one lash so far but excellent, violent and messy stuff.  Production stands out to me, like their previous again, it sounds very immediate.

Swans - "Leaving Meaning", only got halfway through this.  I like it a lot but need to put it on at home and give it proper time rather than skimming around on buses with it.

Enslaved - "Below the Lights", my favourite Enslaved album and always comes out for the cold weather.  It never lets me down or gets boring.  Savage stuff.

Have a Nice Life - "Sea of Worry", had seen mention of it online so gave it a go.  Good stuff, very early Killing Joke / Goth rock sort of buzz off it, it struck a chord with me so will give it another few goes to see if it gels.

Type O Negative, every album on various states of shuffle, but that's nothing new, just more prevalent than usual.

Quote from: ochoill on November 08, 2019, 11:52:55 AM

Enslaved - "Below the Lights", my favourite Enslaved album and always comes out for the cold weather.  It never lets me down or gets boring.  Savage stuff.
My favourite Enslaved album also,was only listening to it yesterday.This early/mid 2000s period is Enslaveds best imo.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 08, 2019, 09:17:33 AM
I also think great as Jello is, the actual musicians made that band just as big a deal. The lyrics are great but the melodies, the instrumentation and the energy are just as huge a deal to me.

Here, here :abbath:

Ved Buens Ende- 'Those Who Caress the Pale'. Probably only because I read the lyrics earlier and there were recurring mentions of swans but I'm hearing a little touch of MDB in the mix that I never picked up on before.  Something in the vocals rather than the music.

Have the new God Alone EP on repeat today.

Subsequently I'm now listening to Teethed Glory Injury by Altar of Plagues for the first time in a while, I still believe it's the best Irish metal album of all time.

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 08, 2019, 01:21:01 PM
Quote from: ochoill on November 08, 2019, 11:52:55 AM

My favourite Enslaved album also,was only listening to it yesterday.This early/mid 2000s period is Enslaveds best imo.
Agreed, I like their earlier output too but BTL and Isa are top of the pile for me.  Enjoyed the next two or three albums too but lost interest in the newer stuff and don't find myself revisiting anything after Ruun anymore.  It's not bad, mind, just not a patch on the rest.

Gruntruck - Push (1992)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWPdFvUrKrGhCP1vNfsMYqevfQjHwO-zK

Great album to start the weekend with. One of the more Metal edged bands from the Grunge scene.
A hugely under heard album by all accounts. Great stuff.....

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on November 08, 2019, 06:02:50 PM
Gruntruck - Push (1992)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWPdFvUrKrGhCP1vNfsMYqevfQjHwO-zK

Great album to start the weekend with. One of the more Metal edged bands from the Grunge scene.
A hugely under heard album by all accounts. Great stuff.....
Love the riff in Slow Scorch

Derange - Senses Part One

New release by them, first listen sounds good to me.

Been listening to His Hero Is Gone - Monuments To Thieves. Fucking awesome still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdGE8fFtmwc

Solstice 'Lamentations'. Phenomenal. I think I'd be disappointed if Solstice released two consecutive albums with the same singer.  Can't wait to hear who they get in next as each album has been its own world.

Wampyric Rites - Reflections Of  A Frostbitten Moon