Doomsday Cult - a language of misery - elements of what became perfected on later releases

Armagh - Serpent Storm, for the name initially but not bad, not bad at all

Gruntruck - Inside Yours
Tad - Inhaler

Quote from: 91/30 on July 13, 2023, 01:13:49 PMArmagh - Serpent Storm, for the name initially but not bad, not bad at all

Ya, I checked it out a while back due to hilarity of the name. Sounded cool.

Ruim - Black Royal Spiritism

New one from Rune Eriksen (Blasphemer) ,only had one listen on yt but very impressed, recommended for anyone into Wolfs Lair Abyss era Mayhem. There's a neat cover of Fall of Seraphs with Proscriptor on vox too.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: 91/30 on July 13, 2023, 01:13:49 PMArmagh - Serpent Storm, for the name initially but not bad, not bad at all

Was listening to this myself earlier.  Need to give it a few more listens, but it decent. 

Corrosion Of Conformity - Blind
Still the finest guitar tone ever recorded.

Ahhh 1991, the year it all peaked  :abbath:

Skepticism- Ethere. This is one that I don't have yet. I'm hoping Svart continue with their reissues so I can fill in the couple of blanks in my collection.

Quote from: The Great Cull on July 13, 2023, 08:53:57 PMCorrosion Of Conformity - Blind
Still the finest guitar tone ever recorded.

It's not, that was acheived on South Of Heaven (specifically on Spill The Blood).

#9850 July 14, 2023, 08:21:12 AM Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 09:35:27 AM by Eoin McLove
DAI- The Advent.

Warning- Watching From A Distance.

Enya- The Sorrow of Trees.

Host- IX.

Mystifier- The World is So Good He Who Made It Doesn't Live Here. I've had this LP for around ten years and it has gathered dust on my shelf. I'm really enjoying it here today, though. It's different to the earlier stuff, but not without its own charm. I'm enjoying the prominent King Diamond influenced keyboards, the OTT opera singing that puts me in mind of Unholy, I'm even enjoying the funky Faith No More bass lines. As with all Mystifier I find the enjoyment grows if you read along to the lyrics. They are often convoluted and a bit metal-Englishy, but the concepts area great and the delivery is always fun. Hoarding pays off again  8)

Root- The Revelation. Continuing the theme of digging obscurities out of the collection... rough as fuck but cool.

Varathron- His Majesty At The Swamp. I have the shit looking Shadowface Records LP version with blurry artwork and a sleeve that was coming apart at the seams since day one. Sounds good, though. How did the NWN reissue turn out? They usually maintain a very high standard.

Flotsam & Jetsam - when the storm comes down , 1 of the First CdS I ever bought,  got it in a bargain bin around the time it came out or a year later, must have crashed early.  Not great, some all right riffs.

Flotsam & Jetsam - Cuatro, enjoying this one with repeated listens, new album to me, purchase earlier 2023

Good call on the Flotsam albums, they're an underappreciated bunch in general but those 90's albums are really good. Still have a lot of time for High and Quatro in general.

Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Armagh - Serpent Storm (Another Dying Victims release - only listened to it once... Will hold judgement until i have listened to it a few more times but it seems decent).
Protean Shield - Protean Shield.  (solid slab of heavy metal).
Speedwhore - Visions of a Parallel World (more from my current Dying Victims obsession)
Piledriver - Metal Inquistion

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 14, 2023, 08:21:12 AMEnya- The Sorrow of Trees.
Never gave this one a spin but didn't ever look much further the s/t and Watermark, two great albums though (even if I never get away with putting them on because my wife fucking hates them to the point of boiling rage).