Quote from: StoutAndAle on July 17, 2023, 09:08:08 AM
Quote from: OpenSores on July 14, 2023, 06:09:50 PMSumac - What One Becomes

That Sumac record is great.

It's a good record alright, the only album of theirs I've heard, haven't ventured any further.

Today's listening... Godflesh - Purge
Today is the Day - In the Eyes of God and Sadness Will Prevail.

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Hallas - Isle of Wisdom
TailGunner - Guns For Hire
Ghost - Phantomine
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel...Steel Hails Fire
Static Abyss - Aborted from Reality

Quote from: OpenSores on July 17, 2023, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: StoutAndAle on July 17, 2023, 09:08:08 AM
Quote from: OpenSores on July 14, 2023, 06:09:50 PMSumac - What One Becomes

That Sumac record is great.

It's a good record alright, the only album of theirs I've heard, haven't ventured any further.

Big fan of Sumac - that album probably being my favourite but I love them all - I'd definitely recommend going into their catalog and you could do so at random.  That's the most cohesive of the lot, they bring in a lot of chaos and improvisation as they go on but it works great.

And the award for most bizarre album cover hanging around my stereo  this week goes to..

Corpsessed- Impetus Of Death 8/10

Quality Death Metal
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Deftones self titled for about the 5th time this week. Class album.

Kadavar - For The Dead Travel Fast
Danzig - Danzig II
Ozzy - The Ultimate Sin

Trouble: Manic Frustration for the walk to the shop there. Ridiculously good album.

Listening to Beneath the Remains today. When they were good they were golden. Not bothered checking out the rerecordings recently but all the hype did put Sepultura back in my head.

Reverend Bizarre- Death is Glory... Now!

Quote from: hellfire on July 17, 2023, 10:02:18 PMListening to Beneath the Remains today. When they were good they were golden. Not bothered checking out the rerecordings recently but all the hype did put Sepultura back in my head.

Totally forgot about that latest thing. Didn't even see it mentioned on here. Is it

Quote from: astfgyl on July 17, 2023, 11:17:28 PM
Quote from: hellfire on July 17, 2023, 10:02:18 PMListening to Beneath the Remains today. When they were good they were golden. Not bothered checking out the rerecordings recently but all the hype did put Sepultura back in my head.

Totally forgot about that latest thing. Didn't even see it mentioned on here. Is it

I think it is.

Quote from: Thorn on July 16, 2023, 07:17:37 PMManilla Road - Spiral Castle 8/10

The one with the cool as fuck cover. 😎

Iron Glory Records, got the CD out for the car trip to and from work - "we don't want your holy wars"  , great album

Yup, I was a latecomer to be honest, only started picking up their stuff 5 or 6 years back but the artwork on this one, seeing it in various mags and distros down through the years, always kept them on my radar, pity I took so long!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Electric Wizard- Dopethrone. I haven't listened to this in a long time. What a fucking production on it. Lord almighty, it leaves most other amp worship doom in the dust in terms of sheer and utter maggoty filth. Rough as a bear's arse.

Quote from: Carnage on July 17, 2023, 11:24:08 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 17, 2023, 11:17:28 PM

I think it is.

Fuck, left out a word there. Can't remember now if the missing word was "good" or "out"