Neurosis- Times of Grace.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 12, 2023, 09:11:40 AMNeurosis- Times of Grace.
Had this and TSIB on two days ago back to back.  I don't think I could ever get sick of them.

So good. Seeing them open for Entombed was something else. It was my introduction to them, I'm fairly sure, and they sounded like no other band (they always sounded better than the bands they influenced later on as well). The darkness, the use of light and shade and quiet/ loud dynamics- something that was big among nu metal bands around that time but Neurosis were a different universe altogether. Even all the shit with Scott Kelly turning out to be an abuser kind of adds a further layer of darkness and paradox to the whole enterprise. Truly one of a kind.

Quote from: Abandon All Hope on July 08, 2023, 11:42:03 PMDecayed - From Hell

Slapped in an order for it last week. First listen on YouTube sounded class.

Amorphis -Tales from the thousands lakes turns 29 today.Been spinning it all morning,one of my favourite DM albums back in my teens!.

Will have to give Tales a spin later.  Absolutely love that album. 

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Nuclear Assault - Handle with Care
Ancient Rites - Fatherland.
Batushka - Hospodi
At the Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease
Helloween - Keeper part 2
Wolverine - Machina Viva

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son 10/10
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East 9.5/10
Overkill - Horrorscope 9/10
Bathory - Blood On Ice 8/10
Running Wild - Blazon Stone 8/10
Death Angel - Humanicide 8/10
Deceased - Surreal Overdose 8/10
Laaz Rockit - Annihilation Principle 7/10
Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten 7/10
Famishgod - Rotting Ceremony 6/10

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Paul keohane on July 12, 2023, 12:47:34 PMAmorphis -Tales from the thousands lakes turns 29 today.Been spinning it all morning,one of my favourite DM albums back in my teens!.

That's a scary thought. Almost three decades old. Remember hearing it in the winter of 1994 for the first time from a friend who had bought the CD in Oulu. Was mainly into Kreator, Sodom, Sepultura and Metallica at the time so would never have heard anything remotely similar to Tales. Still my favourite of their albums to this day though their debut comes a close second. Iconic artwork to boot. Must give it a spin for old time's sake.

I love the artwork but the music always sounds weak to me whenever I stuck it on. I've been tempted to buy it purely for the art but it's too lightweight musically to justify it.

Iconic art for sure!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 12, 2023, 10:44:23 PMI love the artwork but the music always sounds weak to me whenever I stuck it on. I've been tempted to buy it purely for the art but it's too lightweight musically to justify it.

This, essentially. I know it's not (and isn't trying to be) overly heavy or brutal DM but it just sounded a bit limp to me. I found the Doors cover at the end amusing but not very good.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 12, 2023, 10:44:23 PMI love the artwork but the music always sounds weak to me whenever I stuck it on. I've been tempted to buy it purely for the art but it's too lightweight musically to justify it.

Was my introduction to death metal so always had a soft spot for it. Drowned Maid being the highlight. Their debut is much more in your face and could in many quarters be deemed a more solid release but I still opt for their follow up. In the early days they could never be accused of releasing the same album twice, as Elegy and Tuonela marking further changes in their musical style. Still in my top three bands of all time. Have seen them ten times in six different countries.

I love Elegy too,but couldnt take to Tuonela or the album after it!.They really returned to form on Eclipse for me.

Lorelle Meets the Obsolete - "Datura"
Hubert Selby Junior Infants - "Good Evening, Pricks!"
Burial Hordes - "Ruins"
The Dirty Nil -"Free Rein To Passions"
Pile - "Dripping"

Sabbat- The Dwelling.
Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom- Summoning the Gatekeeper.
Abigail- Intercourse and Lust.
Warning- Watching From A Distance.