That choon 'temple of rancid filth' from The Last Supper sums it up, totally insane but not lacking in groove. Class.

Really getting me intrigued about The Last Supper here. Haven't ever heard a note of it or indeed any of their stuff I don't think

Temple of Rancid Filth was the first tune I heard by AI. Was back when you could download a single track off a website. Their bandcamp is missing Vermithrax and Raping ground so youtube or Spotify for the full album. Unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mTSe1KIUxE6orKT5h_k1gQxNHeXlbkKbw

Yeah, the song about killing gay lads (Vermithrax) put me off them TBH. Haven't heard anything since the demos, bar a track on one of those Intoxicated compilations years ago.

Good album, though always preferred Nadir myself. Don't know which song of theirs I heard first as it was at a gig. They slayed though.

Nadir is amazing as well but a different kettle of fish.

#9456 May 22, 2023, 11:51:13 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:10:00 AM by Eoin McLove
The Last Supper is better but Nadir is serious stuff as well. TLS is frenzied evil perfection.

Broknagar- s/t.

Vermithrax had the the finishing lyric of " Jesus was bent too".
To me that's more in your face than COF saying Jesus is a cunt.
It's so abrasive.
PC warriors would need resuscitation nowadays after that.

#9458 May 23, 2023, 12:15:48 AM Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:22:11 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Well, potentially including its author, so...

Edit: Not aiming to get into it at all, just a reminder of quite an MI moment for some of ye!  :laugh:  :abbath:

#9459 May 23, 2023, 12:35:40 AM Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:59:00 PM by Eoin McLove
The lyrics are brutal, unsophisticated evil and morally transgressive. They suit the wildness of the music perfectly. They dropped the evil angle along the way and lost a lot of magic in the process.

Geasa- Angel's Cry.
Black Crucifixion- Promethean Gift.
Thorns- s/t.
Tormentor- Recipe Ferrum! 777.
Burzum- s/t.

Quote from: Circlepit on May 22, 2023, 07:53:03 PMOn the old forum McLove wrote one of those retrospective pieces that summed it up quite well.
I remember when I bought it I thought it was just too much. It was so abrasive.
Now I give it a whirl when I need some insanity.

So much good stuff lost on that site when that fucker nuked it.

The last supper is the best album Deicide never released. So killer. Vermithrax used to be my favourite song on the album when I was younger, it wasn't until years later i read the lyrics and felt weird about it. They've come out and said they don't play the song and that they don't agree with the lyrics. I've said some dumb shit too when I would have been that age, doesn't really phase me anymore.

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman

Gorefest - La Muerte 7/10

The slightly overlooked comeback album from 2005, still plenty of groove to their Death ( I wouldn't go as far as to say death 'n' roll), I like this album, it could have been shortened a bit though, especially when listening over a double l.p. it can drag a bit towards the end but yeah, I've always dug what Gorefest have done throughout their career. Very Napalm Deathy style cover art on this one which has grown on me over the years.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Saxon - Crusader
Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Saxon - Denim and Leather
Rotting Christ - Theogonia
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Manowar - Warriors of the World United
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Craft - White Noise and Black Metal
Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes
Slayer - South of Heaven

Toxik - Think This