Quote from: open face surgery on May 25, 2023, 12:33:02 PMReverend Bizarre - In the Rectory...
Reverend Bizarre- Harbinger of Doom

Must get those spinning this weekend. The Finns have some vocalists, yer man from The Lone Madman nails it as well.

Been meaning to give them a right listen.

Europe - Wings of Tomorrow

Quote from: Don Gately on May 26, 2023, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Thorn on May 25, 2023, 07:20:37 PMJudas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny 9/10

I was never into Priest as a kid, it was always Maiden and the thrash boys before Death and Black broke, not sure I would have been into their earlier records then anyway. This one was released in 1976 for fecksake, the year I was born. Not a bad release to mark your birth year in hindsight.
I love this album. I think it's their best. Dreamer Deceiver is the best vocal performance ever by Halford. The Ripper, Victim of Changes, Tyrant, Genocide all top drawer Priest.
Quote from: Don Gately on May 26, 2023, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Thorn on May 25, 2023, 07:20:37 PMJudas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny 9/10

I was never into Priest as a kid, it was always Maiden and the thrash boys before Death and Black broke, not sure I would have been into their earlier records then anyway. This one was released in 1976 for fecksake, the year I was born. Not a bad release to mark your birth year in hindsight.
I love this album. I think it's their best. Dreamer Deceiver is the best vocal performance ever by Halford. The Ripper, Victim of Changes, Tyrant, Genocide all top drawer Priest.

Yeah, I'd probably choose Painkiller but this would be close behind
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Voivod - The Wake 8.5/10

Been going back to this one quite a bit lately , such a multi-faceted album it demands repeat spins .I don't think there's another Voivod album where they went off the deep end as much as they did here, and it's bloody brilliant.

Grafvitnir-    Semen Serpentis    
                    Necrosophia    
                    Obeisance to a Witch Moon    
                    Keys to the Mysteries Beyond    
                    Tunes of Sitra Ahra

Demonaz- March of the North.

Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Nagaroth - Black Metal Ist Kreig
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Sumerlands - Sumerlands

Aghora - s/t
Cynic - Focus
Tankard - Chemical Invasion
Kreator - Terrible Certainty

Memoriam - Rise To Power 6/10

I've pretty much given up on these stalwarts coming up with anything other than decent entry - level Death Metal but usually that will do.
Always find their album covers to be a bit, I dunno, try-hard ?

Murmuüre - S/T

Very unique sounding album, lots going on. Elements of Nadja, industrial and black metal.

Grabunhold - Heldentod

#9492 May 28, 2023, 11:25:01 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 01:15:26 AM by Eoin McLove
Spectral Voice- Eroded Corridors of Unbeing.
Swallowed- Lunarterial.
Malthusian- Across Deaths.

The Cure: In Orange (audio rip)

Black Magick SS - Burning Bridges

Been listening to this all week, catchy as fuck. This band have not been on my radar in the slightest, hadn't heard a note or the name until this week. Hard to find any info on them apart from people discussing if they think they're actual Nazis or not but what I understand it's a side project of the Dracula guys? They seem a lot more popular than I first expected, seems like I'm last to know. I Went to buy the LP and it's 30 euro delivery for a single record, fuck that. I'm looking forward to doing a deep dive into the rest of their stuff.