I only have His Majesty at the Swamp. I must check out some more Varathron. Not a million miles away from Mystifier in some ways.

Megadeth - Rust In Peace
AC/DC - Back In Black

If it ain't broke...

#9272 May 01, 2023, 02:30:14 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 02:37:08 PM by open face surgery
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 01, 2023, 01:06:01 PMI only have His Majesty at the Swamp. I must check out some more Varathron. Not a million miles away from Mystifier in some ways.

Wouldn't have though of it before but ya, they have a lot in common. Walpurgisnacht is just after His Majesty so sorta similar, whereas Patriarchs of Evil is 2018 and shocked me how good it is, given the time inbetween. Whatever about all of that, this is what you need to listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4oCeT1gVUg

Quote from: Don Gately on April 21, 2023, 04:30:06 PMListening to a bit of Obsequiae, liking this, any fans here?

Great band. Love the medieval stuff smattered around their albums.

Quote from: open face surgery on May 01, 2023, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 01, 2023, 01:06:01 PMI only have His Majesty at the Swamp. I must check out some more Varathron. Not a million miles away from Mystifier in some ways.

Wouldn't have though of it before but ya, they have a lot in common. Walpurgisnacht is just after His Majesty so sorta similar, whereas Patriarchs of Evil is 2018 and shocked me how good it is, given the time inbetween. Whatever about all of that, this is what you need to listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4oCeT1gVUg

I gave that demo a spin recently along with the split with Necromantia, which many seem to consider a masterpiece of Greek BM. I must spend more time with both.

Soundgarden - Superunknown
Rush - Moving Pictures

Just on a bit of a revisiting classic albums buzz. Might have been recent talk of the Black album that put me on it.

#9276 May 02, 2023, 03:04:03 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:39:54 AM by Carnage
The Frames: Dance The Devil...
Fugazi: Repeater + 3 Songs
The Frames: The Roads Outgrown EP

Hovering around the F. Repeater is one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard, the (bass) drum sound in particular is glorious. It's so crystal clear, 30+ years later.

Morta Skuld - Dying Remains
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
Deicide - Once Upon The Cross
Cancer - To The Gory End
Suffocation - Human Waste

Ooh, heavy morning there
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Master - Collection of Souls
Isole - Silent Ruins
Nocturnus - The Key
Therion - Theli
Lord Mountain - The Oath
Chevalier - A Call to Arms
Cresent Shield - The Stars of Never Seen
Windhand - Windhand (the recently re-releashed version)
Grand Magus - Iron Will

Venenmous - Rise In Glory
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Sodom - Agent Orange.

The Cure: Glastonbury 2019

Morbid Angel- Blessed Are the Sick.i had this on in the car today and the fucking sound off it when you pump the volume is incredible. It sounds a bit dry and small when the volume is only at a moderate level but really comes to life with a little push in the speakers. Monstrous album. I was always a Covenant man as that's the one I grew up on bakkindeninetees but this gives it a close run.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 03, 2023, 11:24:33 AMMorbid Angel- Blessed Are the Sick.i had this on in the car today and the fucking sound off it when you pump the volume is incredible. It sounds a bit dry and small when the volume is only at a moderate level but really comes to life with a little push in the speakers. Monstrous album. I was always a Covenant man as that's the one I grew up on bakkindeninetees but this gives it a close run.

Im always jumping between the two as to which one is my Favourite!.Heard Rebel lands on a compilation when i first started getting into DM so kind of edge towards Blessed.But Covenant always makes me rethink!,two incredible albums!.