Just listened to the new Megaton Sword there, the last track is amazing.

Megaton Sword new one again.
What a whopper,as previously mentioned the last track is so so good.

Good start to a weekend off, blasting:

Scáth na Déithe - Virulent Providence which hits the spot nicely.

Megaton Sword - Might & Power, a truly great album getting lots of repeated spins.

Godflesh - Pure, looking forward to Purge

Gotta pick up that new Megaton Sausage. I hope that garishly cool artwork ends up on a tshirt.

Soundgarden- Superunknown.

Superunknown is a great album it's fairly etched into me at this stage.

Tool - Aenima

I have been given so many chances over the years to get sick of this album and yet I haven't taken a single one.

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood is up next

#8915 March 04, 2023, 02:06:47 AM Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 02:12:14 AM by Eoin McLove
Yep Superunknown and Badmotorfinger are in the DNA at this stage.

Aenima too for that matter.

Another one that's well integrated into the system, and it's on here now is Angel Dust!

Scott Walker: various tracks.

Re: Tool - I listened to Undertow from start to finish a few weeks ago for the first time in years. Jesus, it's a mighty album. Holds up (probably) better than Ænima.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 02, 2023, 10:07:33 AMI've Megaton Sword playing again right now as it happens. Gets into yer veins so it does  :abbath:
Yeah, it's happened. Worms it's way in. It's great.
Raikaszi is such an earworm.
And like others have said the last song is amazing. But it absolutely had to be with a name like Babe Eternal. Ballsy move  :laugh:

Wind Of The Black Mountains – Sing Thou Unholy Servants. Been meaning to pick this one up for a while. Saw Sentinel had it for sale on Facebook and went full impulse buy. I've been trying in vain to cut down on the amount of stuff I'm ordering.

Quote from: spiritcrusher on March 04, 2023, 10:03:22 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 02, 2023, 10:07:33 AMI've Megaton Sword playing again right now as it happens. Gets into yer veins so it does  :abbath:
Yeah, it's happened. Worms it's way in. It's great.
Raikaszi is such an earworm.
And like others have said the last song is amazing. But it absolutely had to be with a name like Babe Eternal. Ballsy move  :laugh:

I threw this on last night and fell asleep with can in hand not 2 tracks in. Must give it another go as the first track was pretty interesting

#8920 March 04, 2023, 06:32:08 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 06:34:53 PM by jobrok1

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 02, 2023, 02:26:17 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 01, 2023, 06:45:18 PM
Quote from: Trev on February 23, 2023, 09:41:40 PMLove those Mudvayne albums, or at least I did the last time I listened to them years back. That bassist was insanely good

Threw on LD50 earlier to after talking about them and I still like it.
[/quote

Yeah, Its a cracking album.
Gone off nu metal now again after three evenings of it, enough is enough.
Gospel Of The Horns and Slayer were called for after that.

Are Soulfly regarded as nu metal?

Had few Soulfly albums myself.
Kept hoping Max would come good, I suppose. Fucking deluded, sure.

Offloaded a few over the last while. Still have 2 of the poxy yokes on the trade pile.

Gamma Ray Heading For Tomorrow- og Vinyl

Persefone - Spiritual Migration

SS18 - Cryoholocaust
Still working through some best of lists from last year and came across this. Ripping black metal from Russia

Gosudar - Morbid Despotic Rituals.
This is savage death metal, riffs up the wazoo and doomy passages. And those vocals  :abbath: