Death - Leprosy. Can't wait for the Left To Die gig on Sunday.

Quote from: jobrok1 on February 28, 2023, 02:32:04 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 27, 2023, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Carnage on February 27, 2023, 01:31:33 PMIt's Mosley's voice that kills those albums for me, I just can't listen to him. Like Baloff and Exodus, I can't listen to Bonded By Blood at all.

He's worse on Introduce Yourself for some reason. I like those albums but he does get my toes curling quite often on top of what is decent music.

Yeah! some good stuff in those early albums, but his voice is shit pretty much ruins most of it.

This iteration of the band is truly atrocious, though.
Thank fuck it didn't last...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTGlAPGmnM

Jesus that's rough!

Mike Bordin is a fucking great drummer though

#8897 February 28, 2023, 03:01:15 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 03:03:47 PM by Carnage
Appalling. Who's the guitarist, I don't think it's Martin?

Edit: It's Mark Bowen. So that's him.

Quote from: Carnage on February 28, 2023, 03:01:15 PMAppalling. Who's the guitarist, I don't think it's Martin?

Edit: It's Mark Bowen. So that's him.

Yeah he was great for Norwich but shit for fnm

;D showing your age there lad
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#8900 March 01, 2023, 03:43:03 AM Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:44:43 AM by Thorn
Running Wild - Port Royal 9/10
Therion - Sirius B 9/10
Therion - Vovin 8.5/10
Melechesh - Emissaries 8.5/10
Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation 8/10
Cobalt - Slow Forever 7.5/10
Necrovault - Festering Peregrination 7.5/10
Witchvomit - Abhorrent Rapture 7/10
Xentrix - Kin 6.5/10
Rotting Christ -The Heretics 6/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Type O Negative- World Coming Down.
Borknagar- s/t.
Future Islands- The Far Field.  Totally addicted  :laugh:

New Insomnium, very good

Iku- Turso  - Into Dawnless Realms
Ihsahn      -  The Adversary
                     AngL
                     After

Quote from: Trev on February 23, 2023, 09:41:40 PMLove those Mudvayne albums, or at least I did the last time I listened to them years back. That bassist was insanely good

Threw on LD50 earlier to after talking about them and I still like it.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 01, 2023, 06:45:18 PM
Quote from: Trev on February 23, 2023, 09:41:40 PMLove those Mudvayne albums, or at least I did the last time I listened to them years back. That bassist was insanely good

[/quote

Yeah, Its a cracking album.
Gone off nu metal now again after three evenings of it, enough is enough.
Gospel Of The Horns and Slayer were called for after that.

Are Soulfly regarded as nu metal?

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 02, 2023, 02:26:17 AM

[/quote

I'd say they are tbf. I could never stick em anyway. I wouldn't be able to go through too much of the nu stuff in any stretch either, I mean I had Deathspell Omega and Thorns on yesterday as well as some old Ministry.

Hellripper - Warlocks Grim & Withered Hags.
A definite cut above most blackened thrash type stuff, and an improvement on their last album too. A couple of longer length songs which can often be a sign of padding but they surprisingly end up being the most interesting songs on the album. Very enjoyable so far.

Megaton Sword - Might & Power. Still getting to grips with this but sounding good so far. I think it sounds more consistent than Blood Hails Steel but not yet sure the bangers bang as hard. To be fair it took a good few spins before Blood Hails Steel became one of my favourite albums of the last 5 years.
And what's left to be said about the vocals and lyrics... They're just class. Kinda link Cirith Ungol in how unpredictable they are, but he's really his own thing now. And they pull off the metal clichés so much better than bands like Eternal Champion (and I enjoy a decent amount of their stuff).

I've Megaton Sword playing again right now as it happens. Gets into yer veins so it does  :abbath:

Quote from: astfgyl on March 02, 2023, 08:09:41 AM
Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 02, 2023, 02:26:17 AM

[/quote

I'd say they are tbf. I could never stick em anyway. I wouldn't be able to go through too much of the nu stuff in any stretch either, I mean I had Deathspell Omega and Thorns on yesterday as well as some old Ministry.

Can't really stick them meself man, yet I find myself with no less than 5 Soulfly albums, the heavy bits of Primative are good but there's too much chanting and rapping bollox going on.

Was on the Old Ministry there meself too only recently. I've a deadly Ministry best off - Burning Inside Through The Years, 89 - 92, she's a banger.