Quote from: Trev on February 24, 2023, 09:21:21 PMThe two Phil Anselmo albums and the Illegals albums

Got an order from Season of Mist a while ago, they had these two for three euro for both. Probably paid two euro too much

They're very forgettable really

Yeah, gave them both two or three listens each and can't remember a thing about either.

I actually got the En Minor album a while back and really enjoyed it, would like to hear him do more in that style

The En Minor album is great. A little too long maybe but it's very enjoyable.

You'd still have been robbed. As his voice has been awful for decades (outside of a couple of Down releases), anything he's gurgled on is trash.

Quote from: Circlepit on February 24, 2023, 04:31:40 PMThe new Megaton Sword is out today.
My evening has just become more metal.

Just blasting it this morning, it's a belter.

A pleasant couple of hours this afternoon in the company of...

Solstice- MCMXCII demo.
Scald- There Flies Our Wail!
Scald- Northwinds.
Seer's Tear- Precious. I need to spend more time with this.

... and reading the Blood Fire Doom booklet that came with the vinyl box set several years ago, recounting Solstice's history. Here's hoping some new recordings are not too far off.

Quote from: Trev on February 24, 2023, 10:36:47 PMYeah, gave them both two or three listens each and can't remember a thing about either.

I actually got the En Minor album a while back and really enjoyed it, would like to hear him do more in that style

I didn't know that En Minor album existed until just now. Have it on here and the first song is more memorable than the full two albums with the illegals. His voice is very ragged tbf but it seems to suit this

Quote from: Carnage on February 24, 2023, 04:24:28 PMWhat's the connection there?

I can't remember the exact details of the Sweet Savage thing I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. A lot of people were giving out about it on MI at the time. I think it was for the Marley Park gig they played about 10 years ago.

Think the giving out was more to do with the lineup we got compared to the rest of Europe, it was the same with the AC/DC gig in punchestown, people were expecting a day out and bang for buck but got the Blizzards instead.

Quote from: OpenSores on February 25, 2023, 09:03:43 AM
Quote from: Circlepit on February 24, 2023, 04:31:40 PMThe new Megaton Sword is out today.
My evening has just become more metal.

Just blasting it this morning, it's a belter.

Given it two full listens today. Love it. Definitely one of the best bands on the go at the moment.

Burzum - Filosofem
Dissection - Storm of the lights Bane
Malovent Creation - The 10 commandments
Enslaved Hordanes land split.
Katatonia /Primordial split.

Future Islands- The Far Field.
Faith No More- The Real Thing.
Faith No More- Album of the Year.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 27, 2023, 09:55:44 AMFuture Islands- The Far Field.
Faith No More- The Real Thing.
Faith No More- Album of the Year.

How'd you get on with Album of the Year? Have grown to love it more and more over the years myself

It's good. I have had it since it came out too and always liked it, but it's nowhere near The Real Thing or Angel Dust. King for a Day is good, maybe even better than Album of the Year, but still not up with the other two for me.

Yet, if King For A Day had production as smooth as Album of the Year it would be even more widely appreciated.