Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 23, 2023, 09:06:28 AM
QuoteI've never listened to Static X before, but I saw them live when they supported Limp Bizkit in the Olympia and I thought they were shit 

Think some of you have had waaaaay too good a time. That event never happened.

Static X have played here on three occasions. Once supporting Korn at the old point depot and twice back to back supporting Down at the Academy

Ah yes, my bad, they were supporting Down in 2009 when I seen them.

Listening to Kayo Dot's "Hubardo" again this morning, reminded of the heaviest song of all time:

https://youtu.be/9M5nfcaEHO8

Acid Blade - Power Dive

Good nasally heavy metal.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 23, 2023, 09:52:55 AMNope, pulled out.

Only bands that ended up playing were

Slayer
Cradle of Filth
Biohazard
Superskin
Ya sure about that? I was at that and I'm fairly certain that they played it. Yer man with the silly hair?

They played Ozzfest... I think? But def not Tattoo the Planet.

#8840 February 23, 2023, 03:33:33 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:30:16 PM by jobrok1

#8841 February 23, 2023, 03:34:46 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:36:59 PM by Pagan Saviour
QuoteThey played Ozzfest... I think? But def not Tattoo the Planet.

Played both. Definitely played Tattoo the Planet. Remember them both very well.

Pulled this from boards.ie don't even know why I'm doubting myself

"Superskin - quite good, lot of potential for the future.

Biohazard - kicked buckets of arse. Hardest mothers on the planet. And after waiting 7 years to see them again since the famous Tivoli gig it was well worth it. Plenty of stuuf from Urban Discipline and State of the World Address. Beautiful.

Cradle of Filth - nice stage show, but basically a load of arse. Too repetitive and people just didn't look that interested. I believe from a band who has played with them that they're a pack of gimps in person too.

The mighty mighty Slayer. What can you say. Still keeping it metal after two decades. A phenomenal live band."

Static X, I meant, did not play Tattoo the Planet, them being the band with yer man with the silly hair.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 23, 2023, 03:38:22 PMStatic X, I meant, did not play Tattoo the Planet, them being the band with yer man with the silly hair.
So did Static X play ozfest then? I was at both TTP and ozfest and I defo saw them somewhere, not that it really matters as they're pretty terrible muck.

Cool! Yep they bailed out with half the lineup. No Static X on Ozzfest but many identical bands on that second stage

Quote from: Giggles on February 22, 2023, 10:32:12 PMI listened to Limp Bizkit's 2021 album 'Still Sucks' and it didn't suck as much as I thought it would. Couple of songs I would listen to again, two I will most certainly avoid.

They look like they're still having fun though.

https://youtu.be/EnhvI9SCPfk

I listened to that a couple of times when it came out. Thought it wasn't the worst but forgot about it since.

I wonder what horrors of nu metal I'll put myself through this evening

I'm keeping the nu metal scene alive again this evening with Mudvayne -  LD.50 and The End Of All Things To Come.
just going through the cd collection here and Jaysus I've some awful muck nu metal from back in the day. I've an Ill Nino cd for fuck sake.

I have a bit of nu metal to shift an' all. Thankfully I got rid of LD50 a few years back - unfortunately I gave it to my (soon to be ex-) brother in law, who turned out to be a right cunt. But there's still Limp Biscuit and Coal Chamber shite remaining, among others.

I still think Korn had a couple of decent albums, but I haven't heard them in about 29 years.

LD.50 and End Of All Things are two great records. If you take the vocals out of the equation the music especially drums and bass are quite progressive

#8849 February 23, 2023, 09:31:52 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:35:54 PM by Cailleach
Ildaruni     -        Beyond Unseen Gateways
Igric          -        Svet svetlom stvorenĂ˝
Iku-Turso  -        Into Dawnless Realms