I never really liked OHM but I was only ever a casual RHCP fan. I think Blood Sugar Sex Magic holds up really well in fact. Maybe a few parallels could be drawn to The Real Thing, which I think is my favourite FNM with Angel Dust close behind.

I saw The Chillies at Sunstroke 94 and they were great, but my memories of the day at this stage are patchy at best.

Amazing hot sunny day album, which I guess it may well be down under! My personal favourite has always been Mother's Milk, but BSSM is a classic for sure, as defining of its time (albeit a different facet) as Nevermind imo, released the same year.

Jesus i know a lad who is mad into the chillies and no just no

Now listening to the first 2 static x albums and whatever ye say those albums are great fun

Quote from: astfgyl on February 22, 2023, 08:22:12 PMJesus i know a lad who is mad into the chillies and no just no

Now listening to the first 2 static x albums and whatever ye say those albums are great fun

Amazing juxtaposition  :laugh:  :abbath:

I found it a hilarious world of a comment.

I listened to Limp Bizkit's 2021 album 'Still Sucks' and it didn't suck as much as I thought it would. Couple of songs I would listen to again, two I will most certainly avoid.

They look like they're still having fun though.

https://youtu.be/EnhvI9SCPfk

Did you and astfgl independently get a bump on the head today or did ye bang into each other??  :P

Christ, the deep faking in that video looks like it was done by a transition year student  :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on February 22, 2023, 08:22:12 PMJesus i know a lad who is mad into the chillies and no just no

Whats the chances!!,did the very same thing this evening meself, first two Static X albums.
I was stone mad about them 20 years ago and I think they hold up grand, nice bit of nostalgia.

Never thought much of the chilies meself either, a few catchy tunes but mostly fluff I always thought. Saw them yonks ago when the pixies supported them in Dublin, Phoenix park I think. I was going to see the Pixies. got fucking bananas drunk in Mullingar House on the way in and can remember fuck all about it though.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 22, 2023, 10:49:33 PMDid you and astfgl independently get a bump on the head today or did ye bang into each other??  :P

I've never listened to Static X before, but I saw them live when they supported Limp Bizkit in the Olympia and I thought they were shit  :laugh:

QuoteI've never listened to Static X before, but I saw them live when they supported Limp Bizkit in the Olympia and I thought they were shit 

Think some of you have had waaaaay too good a time. That event never happened.

Static X have played here on three occasions. Once supporting Korn at the old point depot and twice back to back supporting Down at the Academy

Didn't they play Tattoo the Planet in 2001? I didn't watch them but I recall having time to go to the bar.

Nope, pulled out.

Only bands that ended up playing were

Slayer
Cradle of Filth
Biohazard
Superskin

I've seen RHCP 3 times I think, was at Sunstroke 94, in Phoenix park and another time but can't recall where. Wasn't really into them live any of the times. Blood Sugar was a good record though.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 23, 2023, 09:52:55 AMNope, pulled out.

Only bands that ended up playing were

Slayer
Cradle of Filth
Biohazard
Superskin

It was Superskin that gave me the extra boozing time. That was a fine day indeed.