Just heard a new track from Old. Never thought I'd hear anything from them again. Promising enough although an odd choice of language for a German band.

Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith.
Great record probably top 3 Priest for me, the opening 4 songs are perfect.

Imber Luminis - Same old Silences

Grave Miasma discography. Abyss, Exalted, Odori, Realm, Endless and back to Abyss.

Was listening to Marquee Moon tonight (actually first chance I've had since Verlaine's passing). At some point, I got a really strong hint of The Mars Volta off it, so I've been on them since, Frances and De-Loused. Brilliant albums, all three!

I concur. Oddly, despite knowing, and liking, Marquee Moon for years, it's clicked even more lately.

Love De-Loused and Frances The Mute as well.

Has turned into a bit of a binge. Listened to those two again, plus Bedlam in Goliath which I bought back in the day upon release, but didn't click with me then really. Enjoying it today. Must check out the rest of their stuff too, think there's at least one other album.

Don't think I've ever heard a note of TMV and that's got me thinking.

I'm pretty sure the reason I never did was because of however they were covered in rock sound or whatever, maybe even as weak a reason as I didn't like the look of them in the promo pics or whatever.

Anyone else just take one look at a band or read the gushing praise of them in the rags and straight away dislike them only to find out later they were actually not bad at all?

White zombie was another one but then they do only have one decent album. Nine inch nails was another one for me until one day I saw the perfect drug on mtv2 and I realised I was wrong. Metallica gave me that buzz at one stage and all, and this was back when they were still good. Suicidal tendencies as well, avoided em for years after one look at Mike. Fuck the list is endless I think type o might've been on it at one stage and all. Anyway hopefully I'm not the only one so shallow and easily led. Have ye any? Actually The Cure is another one and I love em now. Faith no more until I heard kfad. Burzum, mayhem, actually any of the corpse crowd even emperor I hated until I listened to them and then they were brilliant. Think a lot of the time it might have been the flashed quotes on the articles as much as anything.

Anyway, back on topic I've been listening to life of agony lately. River runs red, ugly and the b sides collection.

The version of redemption song is fucking painful.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 09, 2023, 09:34:18 AMDimmu Borgir- StormblÄst.
Borknagar- s/t.

Get in, quare good pair of LPs there :)

Not too shabby. Took me a little bit to get used to the vicious attack of Borknagar when compared with their other stuff, but I have grown very fond of it.

Negative Plane- Stained Glass Revelations.

Frustratingly I'm listening to it through one speaker as my stereo is acting the maggot at the minute. I'm have to get it sorted asap.

Anata - Under a Stone with No Inscription
Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence
Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine

Been obsessing over The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane for a couple months now. Today, right now, I'm going to listen to Reinkaos in full for, I think, the first time ever. Let's see what all the controversy is about!

Dogshit jugga. The only half decent tune is Maith an cailin and that is ruined by the Irish ear.

Just lined up The Chasm - Spell of Retribution which is a much better option than the above.

#8804 February 18, 2023, 02:44:19 PM Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 05:34:24 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Ya, what I've heard of it before was far worse, imo, than say Slaughter of the Soul. Still wanted to give the whole thing a go though. They've earned 45 minutes of my time  :laugh:  :abbath: