#8775 February 08, 2023, 11:18:29 PM Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:20:48 PM by open face surgery
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Mastodon - Call of the Mastodon
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Mastodon - Hushed and Grim

Figured it's time to give H&G another lash.

Dimmu Borgir- StormblÄst.
Borknagar- s/t.

Gutless DM from Australia,great stuff

Been listening to a lot of early Queen and you can really hear what an influence they had on Blind Guardian.

Queen II and A Night At The Opera are 2 brilliant albums. I'm not a fan of their later stuff but those first few albums are class. His vocals are something else.

Trouble Pilgrim - Dark Shadows and Rust - CD
Bill H8cks - Arizona Bay- CD

Quote from: blessed1 on February 09, 2023, 10:36:23 AMBeen listening to a lot of early Queen and you can really hear what an influence they had on Blind Guardian.

Queen II and A Night At The Opera are 2 brilliant albums. I'm not a fan of their later stuff but those first few albums are class. His vocals are something else.
Went on a big dive into their catalogue years back after only ever having the Greatest Hits collections, such a brilliant band. Kinda tapered off for me from the mid 80s on, but even they still had a few classics on each one after that

Cadaver Shrine - Benighted Desecration
Suitably weird DM from yer man from Gnaw Their Tongues, Cloak of Altering, etc. Lovely stuff

Quote from: Trev on February 09, 2023, 02:09:44 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on February 09, 2023, 10:36:23 AMBeen listening to a lot of early Queen and you can really hear what an influence they had on Blind Guardian.

Went on a big dive into their catalogue years back after only ever having the Greatest Hits collections, such a brilliant band. Kinda tapered off for me from the mid 80s on, but even they still had a few classics on each one after that

Yeah they kinda lost me when they started singing about fat bottomed girls and wanting to ride bicycles lol
The amount off different voices he had was impressive and all rhe layered backing vocals are class.
Great riffs and arrangements as well.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 08, 2023, 11:18:29 PMIncantation - Diabolical Conquest
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Mastodon - Call of the Mastodon
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Mastodon - Hushed and Grim

Figured it's time to give H&G another lash.

Hushed and Grim is one of my favourite albums from the last few years. There is something about it that drags me back.

It certainly drags. Still not feeling it. Too many slow tunes. Had Once More Round the Sun and Emperor of Sand on yesterday. Both great records, especially the latter.

My interest in Mastodon has really waned with their last few albums, Once was decent, Emperor didn't really hold my interest and I still haven't gotten through Hushed yet. They were always a band that took a while to click with me though - they might have a new album out before the previous one sounded good to me. Once you're in the mood for them though, nothing else will scratch that itch.

I'd go along with that. Crack the Skye was one that didn't click for a while with me but then it did and I got kind of addicted.

Same, that'd be my favourite of theirs now. The live version is painful though, the vocals are so awful it ruins it.

Sabbat - History of a Time To Come 9/10
Dark Tranquility - The Mind's I 8/10
Xentrix - Shattered Existence 7.5/10
Running Wild - Rogues en Vogue 7.5/10
Death Angel - The Evil Divide 7/10
Armoured Saint - Delirious Nomad 7/10
Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls 6.5/10
Memoriam - Rise To Power 6.5/10
Darkthrone - Plaguewielder 6/10
Dio - Master of The Moon 6/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Death Feast - Risen From The Tomb