I have friends, that aren't retarded, that rate it highly. Well, not generally retarded.

I love Reinkaos. Maith an Cailin in all its glory.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 18, 2023, 02:34:52 PMThe only half decent tune is Maith an cailin and that is ruined by the Irish ear.

Took me hearing the song just now to remember what that was a reference to  :laugh:

Yeah, I wouldn't be putting that back on in a rush myself, though if I'd heard it back when I was really into what Rotting Christ were doing circa Theogonia, then I probably would have been a bit more into it. Dark Mother Divine has a real bang of Cathedral off it, which was unexpected and interesting... but would have been better without the Gothenburg filter.

Venom - Scandinavian Assault 8.5/10
Laaz Rockit - Know Your Enemy 8.5/10
Witchery - Witchkrieg 8/10
Krisiun - Mortem Solis 8/10
Drudkh - All Belong To The Night 8/10
Exumer - Rise From The Grave 7.5/10
Venom - Canadian Assault 7.5/10
Grave Digger - Symbol of Eternity 7.5/10
Suffocation - Souls To Zero 7/10
Enslaved  - RIITIIR 6.5/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Ulthar - Anthronomicon

Never heard of these lads but seem to be getting a bit of hype online, one of two albums they've just released simultaneously on 20 Buck Spin.

I can see why it's getting some attention, casts a wide net for a death metal album, dissonant/weird enough for the morbid angel/blood incantation crowd, cavernous enough for the Immolation/Incantation crowd, even hear a touch of Dissection in places.

But it sounds cohesive despite the mix of styles, enjoying it a lot on the first listen, will check out the other record.

I had The Tousandfold Epicentre by The Devil's Blood on today for the first time in years. I enjoyed it well enough I supposed but it didn't hit me the same way it did when it came out. Might be just that I wasn't as in the mood for it as I thought.

I followed it up with Thy Mighty Contract which was more like it  8)

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
Meliah Rage - Kill To Survive
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Heathen - Breaking The Silence
Loudness - Thunder In The East

Negative Plane- The Pact.
Eyehategod- Southern Discomfort.

I can't remember the last time I listened to EHG but today they are absolutely hitting the spot  8)

Clannad - in a lifetime, best of.
Was at the gig Saturday in 3 Arena, great stuff. Always loved Clannad

Terror - Keepers Of The Faith
Terror - Lowest Of The Low
Mork - Isebakke
In Flames - Clayman.

Devin Townsend - Nightwork
Ne Obliviscaris - Sarbande to Nihil

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

QuoteRed Hot Chilli Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

Ha - just picked that up on vinyl in a second hand store there last weekend, great copy too. They were never my favourite band so don't have any attachment to it really but it's a mixed bag, certainly not a classic. When it's on it's killer but there's some really cheesey stuff on there too. It has made me want to hunt down a copy of One Hot Minute which I recall being a much darker record.