Love those Mudvayne albums, or at least I did the last time I listened to them years back. That bassist was insanely good

Completely forgot Superskin played that gig. Man, they were awful  ::)

And seen them so many times, they were on every bill then. They even supported Napalm Death in the Red Box

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 24, 2023, 08:31:40 AMAnd seen them so many times, they were on every bill then. They even supported Napalm Death in the Red Box

I remember that one. They were so out of place. A total embarrassment.

The funny thing was even by the standards of a Nu-Metal act riding the coat-tails of an flavour of the month movement they were an embarrassment. They were also old enough to know better.

The notion of being older so knowing better is not found in abundance in any area of the metal scene though :laugh:

Quote from: Weltenfeind on February 23, 2023, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 23, 2023, 03:38:22 PMStatic X, I meant, did not play Tattoo the Planet, them being the band with yer man with the silly hair.
So did Static X play ozfest then? I was at both TTP and ozfest and I defo saw them somewhere, not that it really matters as they're pretty terrible muck.
I seen Static X support Korn in the RDS back in the day when I was a fresh faced teen. I thought they were pretty cool live, not a band I listen to at all now, but delivered the goods to a few thousand teen angst ridden youngsters ha ha

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 23, 2023, 08:48:11 PMLD.50 and End Of All Things are two great records. If you take the vocals out of the equation the music especially drums and bass are quite progressive

Yeah it's the vocals that let it down but that bass is still great

Emperor x4 and the Emperial Live
Sondor - Invoking the Ancient Blood of the Pagan Gods
Ynkleudherhenavogyon - Arvor Mysteri
Veles - Night on the bare mountain
Autopsy - Morbidity Triumphant

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 24, 2023, 09:18:34 AMThe funny thing was even by the standards of a Nu-Metal act riding the coat-tails of an flavour of the month movement they were an embarrassment. They were also old enough to know better.

Wasn't the reason they got on so many bills back then, due to one of them having familial connections to someone important at MCD?

I caught the tail end of their set at aforementioned Napalm Death show at the Redbox - Total shite and completely out of place.

I heard two accounts - one was the aforementioned family connection the other was simply that they were buying on.

Had to be one or the other because I never met a single person that liked them, even people that were into that kind of thing.

Never heard of superskin but was the family connection thing not what everyone was saying when Sweet Savage got the Metallica support slot a few years ago?

What's the connection there?

The new Megaton Sword is out today.
My evening has just become more metal.

The two Phil Anselmo albums and the Illegals albums

Got an order from Season of Mist a while ago, they had these two for three euro for both. Probably paid two euro too much