Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 17, 2022, 06:00:36 PMThere's a few places in that Force of a Storm song on the new Sumerlands that really remind me of True Survivor (from Kung Fury) by David Hasselhof  :laugh:

Young lad 'caught' me watching that once. Now that I've seen that song mentioned it's worming it's way back into my head!

German pal of mine said that even though his music has been very popular and profitable for decades, his grasp of Deutsch is almost non-existent.

Savatage - Power of the Night. Whooper. So dark.

Jeff Buckley: Mystery White Boy: Live '95-'96.

I've been a fan since an ex's sister introduced me to his stuff about 25 years ago, but have only recently rediscovered him. So good, just had a feel to his songs that I've never come across since.

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood.

Fucking brilliant.

Meshuggah - Nothing
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Chthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crepuscule

Quote from: Trev on September 20, 2022, 03:29:59 PMMeshuggah - Nothing

Which version of Nothing do you prefer and why is it the one with the 7 strings?

Shit loads of Thin Lizzy
Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare

Seven Churches and Altars of Madness this morning. Nothing less than perfect.

Sedimentum - Suppuration Morphogenesiaque
Sadistic Drive - Perpetual Torture
Immolation - Here in After

Quote from: hellfire on September 21, 2022, 08:05:56 AMSeven Churches and Altars of Madness this morning. Nothing less than perfect.

Ha fucking nice morning

Quote from: astfgyl on September 20, 2022, 04:29:26 PM

Which version of Nothing do you prefer and why is it the one with the 7 strings?
Don't think I've ever heard the 8 string version. Meshuggah are one of those bands I can only really take for about an albums worth at a time before I find it gets too repetitive. Probably wouldn't even notice a difference in the two

Quote from: Trev on September 21, 2022, 10:31:23 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on September 20, 2022, 04:29:26 PM

Don't think I've ever heard the 8 string version. Meshuggah are one of those bands I can only really take for about an albums worth at a time before I find it gets too repetitive. Probably wouldn't even notice a difference in the two

Same here re the albums. 2 or 3 max and I have to leave it off for a few months. I had the orange coloured version of Nothing for years and when it got lost I picked up the blue one thinking it was a straight remaster but the guitars are actually rerecorded on it altogether with 8s instead of downtuned 7s and the extra tightness in the low on the guitars for me takes away from the dirt on the low 7s. For a/b purposes try the 2 versions of Spasm to hear the difference. I think it's pretty noticeable but I did have the original for a long time before the switch.

To be honest I don't really notice that big of a difference certainly not one that would warrant a re-recording. In saying that I never knew this album inside out except for Rational Gaze, Straws and Stengah and it was the first album I ever heard by them. The one big standout is some of the songs are slightly longer on the blue version.

Atomic Fire have a preorder up for the Vinyl reissue of Nothing which is great as it is the only release I am missing other than the rare trax LP. It has the orange cover so I don't know if it is the original or re-recorded version.
Two different pressings of the album already exist I think the 07 version is the original and the 2018 one with the new artwork is the re-recorded version but I am not 100% sure on this as I have never owned either version.

https://youtu.be/F_pvVWeVO_8

Would've loved to see SYL when they were going. Great set here from 97 that I've never seen before complete with shit crowd who seem like they might be just there for a drink.

Re Nothing, it's the blue version I listen to these days because while I prefer the dirt of the orange covered one, it's not enough to warrant buying 2 copies. Class album either way and somewhat more accessible than most of their stuff.

Cloak - The Burning Dawn
Sumerlands - Dreamkiller/ST
Hour of 13 - 333
Eternal Champion - The Armor of Ire