Varathron- Walpurgisnacht.
Zemial- For the Glory of Ur.

Thanks for the Killing Joke recommendations.

Obituary - Slowly We Rot - Live & Rotting (saw this for a fiver on Amazon, and couldn't pass it up for a CD & DVD...).

Satyricon - Satyricon (I shouldn't like it, but it has a charm and some great moments - worth a listen every now and again). 

Wolfsbane - Wolfsbane Saves the World 

Tristwch y Fenywod  "Tristwch y Fenywod"
Congenital Hell  "Ultra Anger and Grief"
Joel Danielsson  "The Death Of The Grey Wolf"
808 State  "Ninety"
Grotesque Bliss  "Demo"
L7  "Bricks Are Heavy"
Sanguinary Emperor  "Demo" & "Rehearsal"
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Quote from: Anvil on September 07, 2024, 09:43:31 AMThanks for the Killing Joke recommendations.

Obituary - Slowly We Rot - Live & Rotting (saw this for a fiver on Amazon, and couldn't pass it up for a CD & DVD...).

Satyricon - Satyricon (I shouldn't like it, but it has a charm and some great moments - worth a listen every now and again). 

Wolfsbane - Wolfsbane Saves the World 

That feckin Satyricon album!
Have it for years and must have tried to listen to it 20 times, never got past half way, I find it unbearable.

Anyone thinking the race for straight up HM album of the year was a done deal between Priest and Dickinson , think again, fuckin' Blitzkrieg are in town and they have planted a fuckin' flag in yer ass. It is THAT good.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#14285 September 08, 2024, 10:37:45 AM Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 10:59:37 AM by Anvil
Heard a song from the new Blitzkrieg and thought it was good.  Wasn't going to bother with this one as I really didn't like Judge Not but probably will get it now. 

Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough
Riot - ThunderSteel
Dark Tranquility - Haven

Check it out on youtube man, same as yourself I wouldn't have been looking to pick it up either but it's top of the list now

#14287 September 08, 2024, 08:59:09 PM Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 09:13:40 PM by Thorn
Death - Spiritual Healing 9.5/10
Been picking up the cassette reissues and this is the one I wanted most due to it being my introduction not only to Death but to Death Metal.

Sacrifice - Soldiers Of Misfortune 9/10
I was thinking recently about the sheer quality of bands that Canada have produced over the years, bands that excelled at their craft and weren't afraid to push the envelope and develop their chosen genre. Sacrifice were one such band and their third album from 1983 was nigh on perfect 'thinking man's' Thrash Metal.

Weapon - From The Devil's Tomb 8.5/10
Another Canadian band delivering the goods were Weapon and the arcane savagery on display here is a reminder of just how good they were.

Dragon - Fallen Angel 7/10
This is an album I'm  still not sure what to make of, years after buying it.
Polish (but definite not polished) band's second album , barbaric ,structurally fluid Death-Thrash that I'd say is more 'interesting' than 'satisying'. I'm always left having to put it on again so it must be doing something right.

Todgelichter - Angst 7/10
I didn't pick up the second album from these Germans and so went straight from the all out Black Metal of the debut to this avant-garde, gothy, shoe-gazey affair which isn't bad once you get over the transformation shock. The arty-farty covers on the next two releases put me off going further with them though.

Castle - Evil Remains 7/19
Some nice, shiny new  Occult Doom Rock out on Hammerheart for the approaching withching season, not bad at all but never quite reaching the song writing prowess of The Devil's Blood who perfected this sort of stuff years ago.

Quote from: Thorn on September 08, 2024, 08:12:03 PMCheck it out on youtube man, same as yourself I wouldn't have been looking to pick it up either but it's top of the list now

The Singles were very good..Ive her downloaded since Saturday Ill give it a spin this morning now the kids are gone

I have that Dragon album as well.  Can't remember when I last listened to it - I never rated it that highly but must stick it on soon.   

Arkham Witch - Legions of the Deeper Depths
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Satyricon - Deep Calleth Upon Deep
Liege Lord  - Burn to my Touch
Mega Colossus - Show/Down
Vendel - Out in the Fields

Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die!

Haven't heard this in about 15 years, great drumming and riffs.

Quote from: Giggles on September 09, 2024, 01:11:32 PMStormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die!

Haven't heard this in about 15 years, great drumming and riffs.

Try M.O.D: 'U.S.A For M.O.D.'

Billy Milano with another band using either unused S.O.D. riffs or unused Anthrax riffs.

Manowar: Battle Hymns (LP)
KISS: Rock n Roll All Over (LP)  anyone got some other KISS recommendations?

Phobophilic - Enveloping Absurdity
Gel - Violent Closure
Gel - Only Constant
Gel - Persona
Terror - Keepers Of The Faith
Burzum - Filosofem
Metallica - Garage Days.

Kryptos - Decimator
Dragon - Fallen Angel (think the second half of album is quite strong. Simon Peter and Sewer of Graves are good tracks but overall a bit too out there and chaotic for me) .
Aardvark - Tough Love
Sulphur & Mercury - Alchemia Prophetica
Spectral Wound - Songs of Blood and Mire
Pentagram - First Daze Here

#14294 September 10, 2024, 11:26:43 AM Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 11:29:42 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: leatherface on September 09, 2024, 03:21:28 PMKISS: Rock n Roll All Over (LP)  anyone got some other KISS recommendations?

Brilliant album.

Depends, what else have you heard?

Aside from 'Rock And Roll Over' I would always go for 'Hotter Than Hell' 'Dressed To Kill' and 'Love Gun' as far as the 70's studio albums go.

'Alive' and 'Alive II' are essential. There are definitely studio enhancements going on with both, but you do get some sense of the excitement of their live shows, and you get the best of the early albums, just delivered with more balls and energy. Plus 'Alive II' has Ace's tour de force 'Rocket Ride' and the underrated cracker 'All American Man'.

Of the four 78 solo albums, I'd go for Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley.

Also, 'Creatures Of The Night' for their more metal stuff.