Root - kargeras

This has been sitting on my shelf for years but I never fully got in to it. Enjoying it now though. Hard to know what to say about it. It sounds like loads of different things and nothing else. A bit of a strange one.

Quote from: Grim Reality on September 03, 2024, 09:55:37 PMRoot - kargeras

This has been sitting on my shelf for years but I never fully got in to it. Enjoying it now though. Hard to know what to say about it. It sounds like loads of different things and nothing else. A bit of a strange one.

I don't have that one. I met fill in the gaps in my Root collection as they are/ were a unique entity. Still kicking myself that I missed them at Hell's Pleasure years ago. Good old drink  :laugh:

Night Demon - Curse of the Damned
Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality
Yattering - Murders Concept (another random discogs pick - been a long time since I listened to this).
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Falkenbach - Tiurida
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness

Has anyone else been checking out this new Critical Defiance album? It's gotta be the hardest hitting new Thrash I've heard this year. I've only been through it once but think something like Deceased ramped up to Dark Angel levels of intensity. It's weirdly structured though with all the long tracks to start and a few short, snappy ones towards the end and also one absolute outlier in 'Margarita'..bonkers stuff all round. This is going to get a few quid thrown at it for sure though.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

After a morning of more Dead Can Dance, pulled out and listened to the whole Altar of Plagues boxset this afternoon. Worked great as a transition.

Xentrix - Shattered Existence
Metallica - Ride The Lightning (still the greatest album ever created to my ears)

Kryptos - The Coils of Apollvon
Reaper - Viridian Inferno
Black Oath - Litanies in the Dark
Drudkh - Songs of Grief and Solitude (another  random discogs pick - nice relaxing way to in which to finish the work day).
Hydra Vein - Rather Death Than False Faith
Death Angel - Fall From Grace

Hyperdontia - Harvest of Malevolence.

Decide - s/t. Having a bit of a forehead slap with this. I'm realising the error of my ways and have been glued to it. Now the Reign in Blood worship is still blatantly obvious, but it's a different beast with just as nasty set of delph.

Still can't get onboard with Legion due to the production, but to borrow what Open Face Surgery said about that album, the self-titled is a rabid beast of a thing  :abbath:

Quote from: Thorn on September 04, 2024, 02:48:56 PMHas anyone else been checking out this new Critical Defiance album? It's gotta be the hardest hitting new Thrash I've heard this year. I've only been through it once but think something like Deceased ramped up to Dark Angel levels of intensity. It's weirdly structured though with all the long tracks to start and a few short, snappy ones towards the end and also one absolute outlier in 'Margarita'..bonkers stuff all round. This is going to get a few quid thrown at it for sure though.

Enjoyed that! Cool rec.

Nile- Black seeds of vengeance,24 years old today!.Threw it on a while ago,what an album!.Really felt like a DM resurgence at the time when this one came out!

That Critical Defiance is lethal. Good shout Thorn

Gorguts - Colored Sands.
Cavern Womb - Stages of Infinity.
Noxis - Violence Inherent in the System.
Entombed - Clandestine.

Nile - The Underworld Awaits Us All, Black Seeds of Vengeance, In Their Darkened Shrines

Agalloch- The Mantle. They are playing here on Sunday. I think I'll pop along.

Motley Crue - Dr Feelgood (one of the albums that helped get me into metal - the opening riff to Dr Feelgood still gets me).

Aura Noir - The Merciless

Running Wild - Black Hand Inn (I've a real soft spot for 80/90s Running Wild - after that no thanks).

Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera (it is still the album were they lost me)

Satyricon - Nemesis Divina