Yeah, they have a new singer (& guitarist obviously), plus Chris Kontos on drums, the bits of live footage I've seen sound great.

New singer? Ah . That might be a deal breaker. Russ was the voice of Forbidden for me.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

New guy's good but no Russ. He retired as he didn't feel he could tour with his addiction issues, which is fair enough.

D:A:D - No Fuel Left For The Pilgrims
ROSE TATTOO - Assault & Battery
MOTORHEAD - 1916
NAZARETH - 'Snaz

Partholon - The Ocean Pours In (arriving a little late to the party, need a couple more proper listens but v. impressive)
The Blessing Way - Erik's Lament
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
A load of Autechre and Gescom.

#14240 September 03, 2024, 08:10:17 AM Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 08:52:46 AM by Anvil
Ancients - Heart of Oak (eagerly awaiting my copy of the new one to arrive)
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Wolves in the Throne Room - Crypt of Ancestral Knowledge
Hate Forest - Hour of the Centaur
Avatarium - Death, Where is Your Sting
Judas Priest - Ram it Down (A random discogs pick and a real stinker)
Emperor - Prometheus

Partholón- The Ocean Pours In.
Third Island- Burning.

Never really listened to The Haunted before, but I randomly came across them on Spotify and listened to their most recent one The Chug Project vol.3. Was fairly enjoyable actually, albeit a little metalcore-y. Might have to do a deep dive of them and At the Gates now.

With The Haunted you can go wrong with One Kill Wonder.
Also rEVOLVEr is great with the return of the original vocalist.
It's a bit of a merry go round with members.

Sodom - Persecution Mania
Hulder - Verses In Oath. This gets better every time.

Exhumer: Possessed by Fire (CD)

Ministry: In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up .. (live) (CD)

Quote from: leatherface on September 03, 2024, 07:08:04 PMMinistry: In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up .. (live) (CD)

It's only when you hear the raw recordings that you realise how much of that album was overdubbed afterward. You can't argue with the end result though, great stuff.

Quote from: Mooncat on September 03, 2024, 04:34:59 PMNever really listened to The Haunted before, but I randomly came across them on Spotify and listened to their most recent one The Chug Project vol.3. Was fairly enjoyable actually, albeit a little metalcore-y. Might have to do a deep dive of them and At the Gates now.

The Chug Project is just Ola Englund isn't it?

The only Haunted album anyone really needs is the s/t debut.

Made Me Do It had a few decent tunes at the start, but dipped after that. Never got much from the debut.

Wintersun - Time II Dynamic Flac

Testament - The Ritual
Suicidal Tendencies - Join The Army