Crypta - Echos of The Soul & Shades of Sorrow

Riot - ThunderSteel
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Miscreance - Convergence
Amon Amarth - The Avenger

Quote from: Carnage on September 01, 2024, 01:10:32 AMQueensrÿche: Rage For Order

I've always hated AOR but here we are.

Is thus the one with "Gonna get Close To You" on it? Some tune. Didn't realise for years it was a cover, and the original is great too.

I was disappointed when the rest of their stuff wasn't that dark haha!

That's the one alright. I must check out the original.

Scythe - On My Way Home

Nice old school sounding death metal, with a few early Opeth flourishes

Grand Magus - Triumph & Power
Gamna Ray - Blast From The Past
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
Cantique Lepreux - Paysages Polaires

Mourning Beloveth- Formless.
Hexvessel- All Tree.

Spectral Wound - Songs Of Blood And Mire. It just blazes all the way and after a couple of listens it's only alright. The cymbals just fizz for the whole thing, not in a  good way.

Inhuman Condition - Rat God. Brilliant.

I turned it off after one track, that sort of style does nothing for me anymore, the vocals in particular irked the hell out of me.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#14230 September 02, 2024, 07:50:08 PM Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 07:53:49 PM by Thorn
God Dethroned - Under The Sign Of The Iron Cross 8/10
A band that never put a door wrong unless I've missed a dud along the way, this is a Death Metal bloodbath from start to finish.

Exhumed - To The Dead 8/10
Latest platter of choice cuts from these stalwarts, a one stop shop for all your old Carcass cravings. This is very good but damn they do tread a fine line bordering on outright plagiarism.

Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough 8/10
All the way from 2010, the hype about this Majestic
Epic Doom debut from Germany seems like only yesterday.

Hyperdontia -  Harvest Of Malevolence 8/10
New one from the Danish Death maverns is their best yet for me

Forbidden - Omega Wave 7/10
The opening track here, 'Forsaken At The Gates' is so damn good and slightly out of sync with the majority of this more groove inspired album that I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the Twisted Into Form sessions. Fourteen years since this, is that it for Forbidden? :(

Destroy She Said - Armageddon Anyone?.demo 7/10
Was handed this at some gig or other by Paul Kearns and a nice little freebie it was, now dug out and dusted down once more

Quote from: Thorn on September 02, 2024, 06:38:05 PMI turned it off after one track, that sort of style does nothing for me anymore, the vocals in particular irked the hell out of me.

The Spectral Wound one? Ya there are very little dynamics in it.
The previous release was much better.

Quote from: Thorn on September 02, 2024, 07:50:08 PMForbidden - Omega Wave 7/10
The opening track here, 'Forsaken At The Gates' is so damn good and slightly out of sync with the majority of this more groove inspired album that I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the Twisted Into Form sessions. Fourteen years since this, is that it for Forbidden? :(

Given that they're back playing at the moment I'd be surprised if we didn't get something new from them. Would it touch the quality of the first two though? Probably not.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 02, 2024, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: Thorn on September 02, 2024, 06:38:05 PMI turned it off after one track, that sort of style does nothing for me anymore, the vocals in particular irked the hell out of me.

The Spectral Wound one? Ya there are very little dynamics in it.
The previous release was much better.

Yeah, took a real dislike to it straight away, not the kind of Black Metal I need in 2024

Quote from: Carnage on September 02, 2024, 08:29:28 PM
Quote from: Thorn on September 02, 2024, 07:50:08 PMForbidden - Omega Wave 7/10

Given that they're back playing at the moment I'd be surprised if we didn't get something new from them. Would it touch the quality of the first two though? Probably not.

Oh, didn't know that, yeah I wouldn't expect anything approaching the first two given the Alice In Chains type vibes I was getting from some of that Omega Wave but Forbidden are a band I'll buy no questions asked.