MANITOBA'S WILD KINGDOM - ...And You?
KISS - Love Gun
LA GUNS - LA Guns

VENOM - Welcome To Hell
VENOM - Black Metal
ROOT - Zjevení
ROOT - Hell Symphony
ROOT - The Temple In The Underworld

#14194 August 29, 2024, 10:41:48 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 10:44:46 PM by Thorn
Paradox - Mystery demo '87 8/10
Picked up this demo and rehearsals CD from Vic Records to kick start a way overdue foray into these perennial German underdogs and I'm well psyched for the journey now. Should have did this year's ago.

Master - The New Elite 8/10
Raucous tenth offering from the band with one of the most belligerent voices in Death Metal. It always appealed to me the way that Speckmann fucked off out of America and went to live in Czech too.

Nachtmystium - Silencing Machine 7.5/10
A more riff focused affair after the experimental 'Meddle albums, a lot of Blake's Darkthrone influences coming through too , interested to hear the new one in November.

Sepultura - Chaos AD 7.5/10
Had to pick up a CD of this after the cassette finally gave up the ghost . Not the same love for it as thirty odd years ago but still an enjoyable, nostalgic listen all the same.

Erob Altor -Vargtimman 7//10
Hammerheart release from 2022, very apt considering the band's penchant for all things Bathory. New one is imminent too.

Locrian - The Clearing/ The Final Epoch 7/10
A vast barren desert, no peaks no troughs, nothing to see ,just the constant drone and menace of Locrian's nihilistic soundscape. One for the leaba. On your own. Ain't no Barry White shit.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Nice one Maggot Colony for the Deathevocation Decible link. Now the bandcamp radio li k makes sense as they were interviewing a lad behind the magazine.

Nice one Thorn for the heads up on Master The New Elite. There's a few albums I have to get around to yet and that's one of them. I love that sound and those vocals  :abbath:

Presently listening to the Nile back catalog preparing for next week. Those earlier albums are so good but I lost track after too many albums.
I'm really digging the new one. I love when they slow things down as well like on the last track.

Amorphis "Halo" was getting plenty of spins before the Nile buzz. Another band I tuned out of but because they went to shit. Back in love again though since trying Queen of Time 2 years ago. I have picked up "Skyforger" twice now after originally getting the CD and now the LP version as well - it hits the spot bog time.

Best place, best prices for all your Master needs is Hammerheart at the minute, ya probably know that
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Alcest - Les Chants de l'Aurore (everything else I have heard from Alcest I have enjoyed but this just bored me to tears).
Portrait - The Host (still think this is great, maybe a tad long for my short attention span but the final track is brilliantly epic though).
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
Wraith - Fueled any Fear (a serious amount of good riffage here).
Udad - Udad
Destruction - Live Without Sense (the opening riff of Curse the Gods is still the best riff in metal).

New Partholon,  awesome

Quote from: Snare on August 29, 2024, 11:14:31 PMNice one Thorn for the heads up on Master The New Elite. There's a few albums I have to get around to yet and that's one of them. I love that sound and those vocals  :abbath:

Master are the Motorhead of death metal. You can't go wrong with any of their albums. The Witchhunt is great as well.

Quote from: Thorn on August 30, 2024, 03:29:59 AMBest place, best prices for all your Master needs is Hammerheart at the minute, ya probably know that

Hammerheart is mighty for the cheaper options - most of the Master albums only cost €7.99. They also have classic Trouble albums for the same price.

NP: Manilla Road - Mystification

Anciients - Beyond The Reach Of The Sun
Nails - Every Bridge Burning
Monte Pittman - The Power of Three
Greg Puciato - Mirrorcell

Deceased: Children Of The Morgue
Venom:Live At The Hammersmith Odeon

Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand

BATHORY - Bathory
BATHORY - The Return
BATHORY - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
BATHORY - Blood Fire Death

Also, a comp I made of various tracks from Jubileum I/II/III

(Rider At The Gate Of Dawn, Crawl To Your Cross, Sacrifice, You Don't Move Me (I Don't Give A Fuck), The Return Of The Darkness And Evil, Burnin' Leather, Die In Fire, Satan My Master, In Nomine Satanas, Witchcraft)

New Worn Out ep and new Perish The Thought ep. Brilliant stuff from both.
New Nails album.