Flamekeeper - Flamekeeper (still enjoying this album - think there is more depth to this album than what the title track alone suggested).

Demiser - Slave to the Scythe

Rainbow - Long Live Rock n Roll

Spectral Wound - Song of Blood and Mire (not heard these guys before but now another band I need to collect their back catalogue).

Hardraw - Abyss of Mankind

Lucifuge - Hexensabbat

Sanctuary - Into the Mirror Black.

Paradise Lost - Icon.

Rory Gallagher - Photo Finish. I'll die on the hill of Iron Maiden borrowed a tonne of their classic sound from Gallagher's Shadow Play.

#14177 August 27, 2024, 02:31:05 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 02:32:40 PM by OpenSores
Quote from: Anvil on August 27, 2024, 08:55:01 AMSpectral Wound - Song of Blood and Mire (not heard these guys before but now another band I need to collect their back catalogue).

A Diabolic Thirst is the only other album of theirs I have, I would highly recommend.

Played with them last year and they were savage. Was listening A Diabolical Thirst for a good while afterwards. Great stuff. Must pick it up and also check out the new one.

Got half a tune into the new Nile. Not arsed.

Quote from: Ducky on August 27, 2024, 01:03:56 PMSanctuary - Into the Mirror Black.

Paradise Lost - Icon.

Rory Gallagher - Photo Finish. I'll die on the hill of Iron Maiden borrowed a tonne of their classic sound from Gallagher's Shadow Play.

I always thought 'arry got the title 'Moonchild' from Rory's song. And Dave, Adrian and Janick are definitely all Rory nuts.

He had a way bigger influence on the NWOBHM than he is given credit for IMO, the likes of Samson, Saxon, Vardis, Hollow Ground, AIIZ, White Spirit, Fist, Gaskin and Holocaust etc and even the first couple of Witchfynde releases were definitely drawing on his stuff, especially the late 70's era when he had that harder edged trio sound, on albums like Photo-Finish, Top Priority and Stage Struck. And obviously Viv Campbell in Sweet Savage and Dio was a massive fan or Rory, as well as Gary Moore.

DANZIG - Danzig
DANZIG - II Lucifuge
DANZIG - III How The Gods Kill
DANZIG - Thrall-Demonsweatlive
DANZIG - 4

I listened to the new Devin Townsend and Marilyn Manson tunes on YouTube this evening. Strong chance I never will again on purpose

Mastodon - Leviathan.

For me it's their best by a long shot. Was reading a thing about it being 20 and hadn't listened to it through in at least 5 years but having it on here I see nothing to change my mind about its ranking

Cradle of Filth - Midian

Vircolac - Veneration

Ereb Altor - The End

Sulphur and Mercury - Alchemia Prophetica

Sabbat - Karmagmassacre

Old Man's Child - The Pagan Prosperity

ZODIAC MINDWARP AND THE LOVE REACTION -

High Priest Of Love
Tattooed Beat Messiah
One More Knife
I Am Rock
We Are Volsung

Vile Rites - Senescence. This is on all week so far, it's so good. I love how the guitar solos are so refined.

Mortous - Upon Desolation. Savage. Again thanks to Pentagrimes for the recommendation.

Deathevokation – The Chalice Of Ages

Dug this CD out as Decibel recently added it to their Hall of Fame. Great OSDM from way back in 2007. Surprised to learn that these lads are from San Diego. I thought they were from the Netherlands for some reason.

#14187 August 28, 2024, 12:34:54 PM Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 12:55:18 PM by Snare
I love Deathevocation.

That's twice this week I've seen reference to them. First was just checking bandcamp radio's Playlist and I was well surprised to see them there.

I got a few different versions of the CD and some other bits n bobs like the demo tape and a credit card shaped CD version of the demo which is fair unique :laugh:

I just have the 2CD version of the album. Hadn't listened to it in years.

They're still on the go. They released a song on the Decibel YouTube channel yesterday:

Horns & Hooves - Spectral Voyeurism (ep)