Quote from: Circlepit on August 26, 2024, 10:00:51 AMI love the stuff that JB did with Spiritual Beggars as well. The first 2 GM albums never really did much for me though. Wolf's Return is where I feel they cane into their own and have progressed steadily away from the stoned type stuff into more traditional heavy metal since. All the better for it as well.

Couldn't agree more, their stoner material didn't really grab me. Must throw on Wolf's Return.

Could never get into Grand Magus. Sounds like he's politely say "rice" in Kingslayer, and the "king, slay, er, rice" hook annoyed the tits off me. Ah well, not everything is for everyone :laugh:

Also listening to the new Nile and also rather enjoying it.

Death Worship - Reaping Majesty
Nile - The Underworld Awaits us All
Bone Awl - An Obelisk Marks the Line

WOLFSBANE - Wolfsbane
WOLFSBANE - Everything Else E.P.
WOLFSBANE - Did It For The Money E.P.
WOLFSBANE - Save The World

I see the band are redoing the 'Live Fast, Die Fast' songs at the moment. Normally I don't care for re-recorded versions of 80's albums, but the drum sound on that one was often annoyingly bad to the point of distraction, which is a shame, as most of the songs themselves are great.

The new version of 'Killing Machine'(which was one of the worst offenders) on 'Did It For The Money' sounded excellent, so I have faith they will do a solid job of it. 

Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks
Spectral Wound - Songs of Blood and Mire
Cloak - The Burning Dawn
Grand Magus -Wolf's Return

#14166 August 26, 2024, 02:01:37 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 02:45:06 PM by londonleatherboy
Dokken - Under Lock and Key cd
Kreator - Hate Uber Alles cd
Bathory - The Return cassette
Bathory - Blood On Ice cassette

#14167 August 26, 2024, 02:34:58 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 02:37:06 PM by Circlepit
Vile Rites - Senescence. This is KILLER!
I normally don't enjoy this kind of rubbery bass line DM but this is catchy and heavy as balls.

Quote from: Circlepit on August 26, 2024, 02:34:58 PMVile Rites - Senescence. This is KILLER!
I normally don't enjoy this kind of rubbery bass line DM but this is catchy and heavy as balls.

Giving this a go due to loving a good rubbery bass line and it is indeed fucking good. Nice one  :abbath:

Metal Archives says the lad playing the rubbery bass is Vektor's current bassist.

Quote from: Ducky on August 26, 2024, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on August 26, 2024, 02:34:58 PMVile Rites - Senescence. This is KILLER!

Giving this a go due to loving a good rubbery bass line and it is indeed fucking good. Nice one  :abbath:

Metal Archives says the lad playing the rubbery bass is Vektor's current bassist.

It's class good shout!

Quote from: OpenSores on August 26, 2024, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: Ducky on August 26, 2024, 02:57:59 PM

It's class good shout!

Yep! There's a fair bang of Aenigmatum off it, and seeing as Deconsecrate is one of my favourite albums this century... yeehaw  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies
Alice In Chains - Unplugged
Life Of Agony - River Runs Red
Type O Negative - October Rust

Halford - Resurrection
Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding

#14173 August 26, 2024, 04:40:15 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 04:49:45 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Of Feather and Bone - Sulfuric Disintegration
Bidirna Dhamani - Brihot Buru
Astral Crypt of Moloch - Impurity (most played demo in a long while)

BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid
W.A.S.P. - Helldorado
W.A.S.P. - Live... In The Raw