Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 05, 2024, 10:23:50 PMAgalloch- The Mantle. They are playing here on Sunday. I think I'll pop along.

They were fucking great the one time I saw them anyway.

Abigor - The Hornix Recordings Box
Abigor - Leytmotif Luzifer
Abigor - Taphonomia Aeternitatis

Quote from: Anvil on September 06, 2024, 08:55:08 AMMotley Crue - Dr Feelgood (one of the albums that helped get me into metal - the opening riff to Dr Feelgood still gets me).
Loved that riff even more once I found out they lifted it directly from Love Like Blood by Killing Joke, not even a subtle tweak to try to hide it 😂

Annihilator - Criteria for a Black Widow
Ceramic Dog - YRU Still Here
Xentrix - Shattered Existence
Slammer - The Work of Idle Hands

Kayo Dot - Moss Grew on the Swords and Plowshares Alike
DHG - Black Medium Current

This made for a nice pairing.

Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape cd
Nails - Every Bridge Burning flac

Agalloch- The Mantle.
Gorerotted- Mutilated in Minutes.
Darkthrone- Soulside Journey.
Manowar- Sign of the Hammer.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 06, 2024, 12:05:59 PMManowar- Sign of the Hammer.
They're doing a tour in February playing that album and Hail to England, very tempted to head over for it

I'm not much of a fan. I bought this today and it's decent enough but I am hardly bowled over by it either. The last two songs are compete dogshit. Thunderplec... Jesus. Is it a piss take??

I'm of the firm opinion that Manowar are supposed to be satirical but it went over too many True Warriors' heads so they doubled down on it.

They're a parody band, lads.

Quote from: Ducky on September 06, 2024, 02:09:18 PMI'm of the firm opinion that Manowar are supposed to be satirical but it went over too many True Warriors' heads so they doubled down on it.
:laugh:
Youre spot on there id say!

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 06, 2024, 11:00:54 AM
Quote from: Anvil on September 06, 2024, 08:55:08 AMMotley Crue - Dr Feelgood (one of the albums that helped get me into metal - the opening riff to Dr Feelgood still gets me).
Loved that riff even more once I found out they lifted it directly from Love Like Blood by Killing Joke, not even a subtle tweak to try to hide it 😂

Not heard a note of Killing Joke, where should I start? 

Also the Wimps and Posers need to leave the hall  :abbath:  :laugh:

Quote from: Anvil on September 06, 2024, 04:29:35 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 06, 2024, 11:00:54 AM

Not heard a note of Killing Joke, where should I start? 

Also the Wimps and Posers need to leave the hall  :abbath:  :laugh:

Self-titled debut is great. Personal favourite is Night Time. It's home to both Love Like Blood, and Eighties - which Nirvana quite clearly lifted the riff from for Come As You Are.

:laugh:  Damn right

As for Killing Joke, if I was starting again, personally I'd start with the last album, Pylon, and work backwards, but they're all good. Absolute Dissent is the one I find myself listening to the most but they covered a lot of ground over the years, it's all well worthy of a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=720kLuqZaiQ&list=OLAK5uy_mhnG6AqIR2RW56hhbR0NlFCxrMXudfdFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpwuRlXbhk

For the early stuff, there's a compilation called Laugh? I Nearly Bought One! that gives a good overview of their '80s output (which is patchy). But yeah, both s/t albums, What's This For?, Extremeties..., Pandemonium, Absolute Dissent - all great.