Quote from: Naraka on August 23, 2024, 10:25:45 AMDawn - Slaughtersun. This album should be mentioned more in terms of essential black metal.

Slaughtersun and Sacramentum's Far Away from the Sun are both excellent. Dissection are more popular, but I think Dawn and Sacramentum surpassed them.

Quote from: The Wretch on August 23, 2024, 10:12:17 AMABHORRENCE - Completely Vulgar

Currently the 'Vulgar Necrolatry' demo tracks. Glorious filth. 
Indeed, first time hearing these. Dirty lovely drum sound. great stuff, reminding me of Infester.

Queensrÿche: Operation: Mindcrime

It took me 30+ years to come around to this album but fucking hell. Savage stuff.

Have you been trying for thirty years or just got it? Well probably the latter, can't imagine it takes much trying eh? It's an out and out masterpiece in my eyes. I wouldn't bother with the sequel though unless you're prepared to be seriously disappointed.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Tiamat - The Astral Sleep

Slough Feg - Down Among The Deadmen

Burzum - Burzum/Aske

MegatonSword - Might & Power

Spectral Wound - Songs of Blood and Mire

Demiser - Slave to the Scythe (loved their previous album so had to pick up this).

Metalucifer - Bulldozing it True

SLAYER - South Of Heaven
SLAYER - Decade Of Aggression

Grand day for a bit of Jeffrey and the lads at full blast. Family BBQ later, so I am getting as much metal in as possible before I go. You know how these things go, with a soundtrack of the feckin Eagles or some such playing, or heaven forbid, the kids get control and then it's Taylor Swift or Harry Styles or something. I might be lucky and catch them on a good day where we get some AC/DC though. 

Still, always worth it for the food and the craic.

Benediction: Scriptures
Minor Threat:Complete Discography
Poison:Look What The Cat Dragged In
Neon Nightmare:Lost Silver (single)

Quote from: Thorn on August 24, 2024, 03:27:22 AMHave you been trying for thirty years or just got it? Well probably the latter, can't imagine it takes much trying eh? It's an out and out masterpiece in my eyes. I wouldn't bother with the sequel though unless you're prepared to be seriously disappointed.

Listened to it when it came out but it did nothing for me, gave it a go a few weeks ago and loved it. Tastes changing and all that.

yeah its beautiful when it happens. An album previously discounted, clicking perfectly years later like the synapses have rewired or have simmered with the first listen for years only to make sense upon the second. Svartidauði - Flesh Cathedral was a superb one for me but has happened countless times. 

Isis: Oceanic was another one like that. First time I heard it I thought 'these hardcore lads have some notions', second listen was a revelation.

CELTIC FROST - Morbid Tales
CELTIC FROST - Emperors Return
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion

Ugggh! Heeeeey!

Quote from: Carnage on August 24, 2024, 01:11:42 PMIsis: Oceanic was another one like that. First time I heard it I thought 'these hardcore lads have some notions', second listen was a revelation.

Definitely took a while with Isis for me.
Heard one song on either a Rock Sound or Terrorizer cd and thought it was Neurosis theft so ignored them initially.

LIONSHEART - Lionsheart
LIONSHEART - Pride In Tact

#14143 August 24, 2024, 06:00:55 PM Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 10:29:17 AM by Thorn
Trouble - The Skull 8.5/10
Had to throw this one on after getting the long sleeve from Plastic (Green?) Head this week. Maybe not my favourite but any classic Trouble is good times.

Grave - Endless Procession Of Souls 8/10
This one stands out for me in the Grave discography as being a more punchy and memorable effort than most of the others. Actually ALL of the others bar maybe the debut.

Defiance - Void Terra Firma 7/10
1990 sophomore release from the Californians, strictly third tier Thrash but as Thrash is my home base ( my Terra Firma  ??? ) it's still a good listen for me despite committing the cardinal sin of sticking a cover slap bang in the middle and not at the end (Killers).

Blaze Bayley -Circle Of Stone 7/10
No one could have blamed the man for taking a step back after a near fatal heart attack last year but instead he is out touring this album which is a solid, satisfying and varied collection of Trad Metal tunes. Respect.

Ulcerate - Cutting The Throat Of God 6.5/10
Developing a strange relationship with this one. I keep thinking it's nothing special, a bit monotonous and easy to become disengaged from yet  I'm always eying it up to put on .It has to be that red cover. I'm a sucker for red.

Terminal Nation - Holocene Extinction 6.5/10
I think this is a good album but it's not a style I'm particularly into, D-Beat Crusty Death with Hardcore leanings, heavy as fuck ,cool cover art ,I like the lyrics, ..yeah, decent stuff

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Hades- ...Again Shall Be/ Alone Walkyng.