Motörhead- 1916. What a ferocious run of tunes.

#14101 August 21, 2024, 10:05:11 AM Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 12:43:19 PM by Carpathian Wolves Reason: 💦
Converge - You Fail Me Redux
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence

Dark Tranquility - Endtime Signals (first two songs got me excited but then it just goes past me.  Maybe it will get grab me more as I listen more but I doubt it).

Sonata Arctica - Clear Cold Beyond

Marduk - Rom 5:12

Coffin Storm - Arcana Rising (so much foot tapping and head nodding with this one). 

Have had my whole digital collection on random here on the laptop for the last 2 days (well when I'm here) and it's throwing up some right good stuff that I've had for years and not paid attention to. Good idea there for anyone who has a lot of digital shit, to draw out some missed gems

Quote from: Anvil on August 21, 2024, 03:58:31 PMDark Tranquility - Endtime Signals (first two songs got me excited but then it just goes past me.  Maybe it will get grab me more as I listen more but I doubt it).

Same here, it's alright like, I've just been of the opinion for a while now that they may as well go all in and ditch the Death Metal vocals altogether , the music isn't Death Metal why foist those type of vocals on it and Stanne has a great normal singing voice anyway. Stop trying to please everyone basically.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 21, 2024, 12:53:13 AM
Quote from: Thorn on August 21, 2024, 12:26:30 AMI still haven't heard that first Orodruin, keep looking out for it on the distros but yeah I've heard that Ruins.. is a step up alright.

Give it a go on YouTube. You'll probably pick up the CD handy enough and it had a vinyl release last year or the year before. I was tempted to grab it but after putting the CD on for a revisit I changed my mind. Orgs just lacking the killer hooks that style demands.

Whoa, That's some serious Rev B worship eh? They definitely came into their own more on Ruins.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 21, 2024, 09:46:11 AMMotörhead- 1916. What a ferocious run of tunes.

The absolute business!

N.P. - REPULSION - Horrified.

Stangarigel - Na severe srdca

SLAYER - Haunting The Chapel
SLAYER - Live Undead
SLAYER - Hell Awaits

Quote from: Thorn on August 21, 2024, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Anvil on August 21, 2024, 03:58:31 PMDark Tranquility - Endtime Signals (first two songs got me excited but then it just goes past me.  Maybe it will get grab me more as I listen more but I doubt it).

Same here, it's alright like, I've just been of the opinion for a while now that they may as well go all in and ditch the Death Metal vocals altogether , the music isn't Death Metal why foist those type of vocals on it and Stanne has a great normal singing voice anyway. Stop trying to please everyone basically.

Agreed

Quote from: astfgyl on August 21, 2024, 07:32:57 PMHave had my whole digital collection on random here on the laptop for the last 2 days (well when I'm here) and it's throwing up some right good stuff that I've had for years and not paid attention to. Good idea there for anyone who has a lot of digital shit, to draw out some missed gems
Finally see you're getting around to what I offloaded onto you so.  Anything jump out?

Centurian - Contra Rationem

29 minutes of Morbid Angel worship. Savage stuff. 

#14112 August 22, 2024, 10:58:23 AM Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 11:47:01 AM by The Wretch
CRADLE OF FILTH - Dusk And Her Embrace
ABSU - Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L.
ABSU - Return Of The Ancients/The Temples Of Offal

Partholón - The Ocean Pours In, while watching a stormy Atlantic on Achill Island. Perfect soundtrack.

Quote from: Thorn on August 21, 2024, 07:46:36 PM

Yup.  Totally agree 👍
Borknagar - Fall (still doesn't grab me)

Voodoo Kiss - Feel The Curse (really enjoyable heavy metal release with dual male and female vocals - artwork really caught my eye as well). 

Drowned - Procuk His (really need to check out the rest of Drowned's back catalogue as this is the first album I have of theirs).