#14070 August 18, 2024, 08:05:24 PM Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 01:37:05 AM by Carnage
Totengott: Beyond The Veil

As you'd expect, pure Celtic Frost worship. Just made me want to put on the real deal.

Queensrÿche: s/t EP
Judas Priest: Painkiller

Agalloch - Pale Folklore

I was on a straightedge buzz over the weekend:

Judge - Bringin' It Down
Youth of Today - Break Down the Walls
7 Seconds - The Crew

Mr Bungle - California

I've had the self-titled for years and love it, but for some reason never got around to their other stuff. First few listens of this, and it's OK

Lucifuge - Hexensabbat

Bloodthorn - In The Shadow of your Black Wings

Dark Tranquility - Endtime Signals

Voodoo Kiss - Feel the Curse

Dead Can Dance - 'Spleen And Ideal' (1994 Reissue Cassette)

Demagnetised the tape heads, & gave a clean!
Sounding immense  :-*

I got 'Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun' last week on vinyl
Liking what I hear, but need to listen to a bit more to sink in
From what I've read, it's rated their best

I'm a big fan of 'Into The Labyrinth' but 'Spleen And Ideal' is beating it atm

Agalloch - The Mantle

Bodydrinkers – s/t

Good DM

Quote from: Jward on August 19, 2024, 12:33:53 PMDead Can Dance - 'Spleen And Ideal' (1994 Reissue Cassette)

Demagnetised the tape heads, & gave a clean!
Sounding immense  :-*

I got 'Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun' last week on vinyl
Liking what I hear, but need to listen to a bit more to sink in
From what I've read, it's rated their best

I'm a big fan of 'Into The Labyrinth' but 'Spleen And Ideal' is beating it atm

Would personally give The Serpent's Egg the nod as their best, but S&I is close.

Ack, all their 80s and early 90s gear is immense, can't go too far wrong with any of it.

Spleen and Ideal and Within the Realm of a Dying Sun are flawless.

The Serpent's Egg has some amazing tunes, but is also the point in their career where Dead Can Dance began to include too many shorter, less interesting tracks that sound very ordinary compared to the likes of The Host of Seraphim.

Within The Realm... is my favourite album, nothing comes close. They have no bad albums but I've only listened to the last one once, for some reason. Just never went back to it, I should remedy that.

#14081 August 19, 2024, 03:37:18 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 10:31:55 AM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Hellbutcher - Hellbutcher
Death Worship - Extermination mass
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon

Seeing all 3 at a Prague rite this month. Serious business.

Quote from: Trev on August 19, 2024, 11:11:11 AMMr Bungle - California

I've had the self-titled for years and love it, but for some reason never got around to their other stuff. First few listens of this, and it's OK
Get around to Disco Volante too when you have a chance.  All three albums are great but the s/t is my least favourite (yet still an excellent album)

Power Up  - AC/DC a very solid album. Listened to it a bit when it came out, bit neglected it til now. 3/5

Quote from: ochoill on August 19, 2024, 03:37:34 PM
Quote from: Trev on August 19, 2024, 11:11:11 AMMr Bungle - California

Get around to Disco Volante too when you have a chance.  All three albums are great but the s/t is my least favourite (yet still an excellent album)

They strike me as the sort of band where any of their albums could be considered their "best", and they'd all be valid opinions.