TESTAMENT - The Legacy
TESTAMENT - The New Order

Toxikull - Under The Southern Light

Bloodthorn - Onwards Into Battle

Mega Colossus - ShowDown

Haunt - Dreamers

Stygian Crown - Funeral For A King

#14087 August 20, 2024, 12:32:50 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 12:34:56 PM by Carpathian Wolves Reason: ☣
Listening to some hardcore punk I haven't heard in years. This should probably go in the non-metal listening thread but feck it.

MDC - Millions of Dead Cops
The Crucifucks - Our Will Be Done
Crucifix - Dehumanization

Bal Sagoth - Battle Magic

The Catherine Wheel - Chrome. Realised I knew very little about these guys, so looked them up. Turns out that the frontman, Rob Dickinson, just so happens to be Bruce's cousin! Mind blown :laugh:

Which subsequently put me in the mood for...

Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding. Been a total fanboy of this since I first heard it, and honestly think it's as good as Powerslave and Seventh Son.

Agree with that, The Chemical Wedding is peak Dickinson
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: ochoill on August 19, 2024, 03:37:34 PM
Quote from: Trev on August 19, 2024, 11:11:11 AMMr Bungle - California

I've had the self-titled for years and love it, but for some reason never got around to their other stuff. First few listens of this, and it's OK
Get around to Disco Volante too when you have a chance.  All three albums are great but the s/t is my least favourite (yet still an excellent album)

Ah jaysus lad how can either the first one or california be worse than each other? Obviously Disco Volante is the real winner by far but jaysus that first one is as good as california at the least

Quote from: Thorn on August 20, 2024, 10:05:41 PMAgree with that, The Chemical Wedding is peak Dickinson

I remember someone on the old forum posting a clip from his gig in Rio of the title track, and the "all the lighthouses, their beams converge to guide me home" is one of the most epic things going.

Ah, must have a look at that indeed

Deathammer - To The Pits 8/10
Savage, knuckle dragging Death Thrash from 2012, no prisoners taken, no fukks given, no mercy for poserz!!!

Sepultura - Bestial Devastation 8/10
The split with Overdose, not the new one with the Cavalera logo which I think is an abomination.

Orodruin - Ruins Of Eternity 7.5/10
Second album of melancholic Sabbathian Doom from 2019, still clawing it's way up to the turntable.

Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night 7/10
The German's debut from 1984 heavily influenced by Maiden and Priest, decent listen but lacks the evil intent offered on the cover

Ainala Lauri -Orpokoptijuhlat sarella 7/10
An interesting pick up from Svart (aren't they all?), recording of an annual Finnish religious convention twisted into a Doom Drone album that works well for reading or sleeping.

Suffocation Hymns To The Apocryphia 7/10
A brutal offering from Suffo last year, not sold on the new vocalist's monotonous cookie cutter style but the music , the riffs , the leads, are exemplary.

Quote from: Thorn on August 20, 2024, 11:02:01 PMAh, must have a look at that indeed

It's at 2:05.

As an aside, I see some lass from Mullingar is his current live bassist, fair fucks to her.

Quote from: Thorn on August 20, 2024, 11:23:34 PMDeathammer - To The Pits 8/10
Savage, knuckle dragging Death Thrash from 2012, no prisoners taken, no fukks given, no mercy for poserz!!!

Sepultura - Bestial Devastation 8/10
The split with Overdose, not the new one with the Cavalera logo which I think is an abomination.

Orodruin - Ruins Of Eternity 7.5/10
Second album of melancholic Sabbathian Doom from 2019, still clawing it's way up to the turntable.

Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night 7/10
The German's debut from 1984 heavily influenced by Maiden and Priest, decent listen but lacks the evil intent offered on the cover

Ainala Lauri -Orpokoptijuhlat sarella 7/10
An interesting pick up from Svart (aren't they all?), recording of an annual Finnish religious convention twisted into a Doom Drone album that works well for reading or sleeping.

Suffocation Hymns To The Apocryphia 7/10
A brutal offering from Suffo last year, not sold on the new vocalist's monotonous cookie cutter style but the music , the riffs , the leads, are exemplary.

Ruins of Eternity is a great album. Much better than Epicurean Mass which had a good vibe but is utterly unmemorable. Their side of the split with Reverend Bizarre was when they figured out how to write catchy songs and Ruins really takes that skill up a notch, I think.

I still haven't heard that first Orodruin, keep looking out for it on the distros but yeah I've heard that Ruins.. is a step up alright.

Quote from: Thorn on August 21, 2024, 12:26:30 AMI still haven't heard that first Orodruin, keep looking out for it on the distros but yeah I've heard that Ruins.. is a step up alright.

Give it a go on YouTube. You'll probably pick up the CD handy enough and it had a vinyl release last year or the year before. I was tempted to grab it but after putting the CD on for a revisit I changed my mind. Orgs just lacking the killer hooks that style demands.

Ensiferum - Thalassic