Mortal Wound:The Anus Of The World.

#13561 July 09, 2024, 09:44:53 AM Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 10:26:13 AM by Eoin McLove
Burn My Eyes sounds really good to me this evening. Not dated at all apart from a few rappy bits from Flobb . The drumming is amazing and the production on the drums is thunderous. The production across the whole album is flawless actually. It brings me back to being twelve or thirteen.

Brainfart from me there, I was thinking of The Burning Red, not Burn My Eyes. BME is grand in general.

I liked The Burning Red when it came out. I must revisit.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 09, 2024, 09:44:53 AMBurn My Eyes sounds really good to me this evening. Not dated at all apart from a few rappy bits from Flobb Rynn. The drumming is amazing and the production on the drums is thunderous. The production across the whole album is flawless actually. It brings me back to being twelve or thirteen.

Yeah it's
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 09, 2024, 09:44:53 AMBurn My Eyes sounds really good to me this evening. Not dated at all apart from a few rappy bits from Flobb . The drumming is amazing and the production on the drums is thunderous. The production across the whole album is flawless actually. It brings me back to being twelve or thirteen.

Yeah it's definitely held up. The More Things Change is still pretty solid too despite being a couple of tracks too long.

BME and TMTC are still grand albums but they are unlistenable after those albums.  And if you even think about the state of Robb Flynn even once while listening to the albums it starts to sour them too

Ah yeah, you defo have to put the blinkers on to the Flobb effect.

What's with all the fucking gimps wandering across the stage. Did I see a naked Eric Watain??

Riot - Inishmore cd
SIG AR AYR - Citadel' cd
Gary Moore - After the War cd

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 09, 2024, 12:22:32 PMWhat's with all the fucking gimps wandering across the stage. Did I see a naked Eric Watain??

This is a very common thing at the Obscene Extreme Festival. It's still mainly a grindcore festival. Check out this video for example:

NIHILIST - Nihilist 1987-1989 (2005)
DISMEMBER - Complete Demos (2005)
GRAVE/CORPSE/PUTREFACTION - Necropsy - The Complete Demo Recordings 1986-1991 (2011)

#13572 July 09, 2024, 07:48:53 PM Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:51:58 PM by Thorn
Bit of an old school day eh? Necropsy are a band I need to pick up something by,was.just reading about them the other day in an old mag.

Oops those are the Grave demos you are on about
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on July 09, 2024, 07:48:53 PMBit of an old school day eh? Necropsy are a band I need to pick up something by,was.just reading about them the other day in an old mag.

Oops those are the Grave demos you are on about

That reminds me though, I should seek out their demo compilation!

N.P. -

GARY MOORE - Rockin' Every Night – Live in Japan (1983)
GARY MOORE - Live aka Live At The Marquee 1980 (1983)
GARY MOORE - We Want Moore! (1984)

It has to be said, Logan Mader knew how to write a memorable and appropriate solo. He fell off the map after leaving MH but he was a serious talent back in the day.