Prevalent Resistance - Dynamics of Creation

AT THE GATES - Terminal Spirit Disease (1994)

#13532 July 07, 2024, 08:43:51 PM Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 08:46:32 PM by Thorn
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss  9/10
Completely ignoring the KK album but this is always welcome on the Death Deck. Even if AA has slightly ruined the simplistic riff in Skeletons of Society for me!I
Wow, AA and KK,  how come I can't pull that at poker

Dismember - Indecent and Obscene 8.5/10
More melodic and less feral than the debut but still a killer second release from the Swedes

Deathspell Omega - The Furnaces Of Palingensea 8/10
The visionary band's most overt manifesto to date, the lyrics are on a whole other level to most BM.

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors 8/10
An altogether more sedate affair than La Masquerade Infernale but still quality from the Norwegian enigmas.

Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All 8/10
The band's evolution into Celtic Frost continues unabated but this is a more consistent listen than last time out and one to threaten my Top Ten this year I think.

Overkill - The Electric Age 7.5/10
2012 effort from one of the best veteran thrash bands out there.

Vemod - The Deepening 7.5/10
Twelve years after the debut the Norwegians return with this lush and expansive soundscape. Now can we drop that BM tag please?

Red Rot - Border Of Mania 7/10
Intense and unrelenting second outing for the former Ephel Duath mainman, sounds like if Neurosis were less cinematic and wrote shorter tracks. Good stuff.

Phlebotomized - Clouds Of Creation 7/10
Always an interesting listen from the Dutch Prog Death veterans ( well, one original member now) and this time we even get to see where those poor angels from Dawn Of Possession ended up.

Concrete Winds - Nerve Butchered 7/10
Second release from these ex Vorum boys will strip the fucking paint from the walls, nasty ,caustic, violent shit.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Harley Flanagan - Cro-Mags
Cro-Mags - In the Beginning

Harley is one angry fucker.  >:(

Did he stab someone at a show or did I dream that?

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/harley-flanagan/
"A former member of the hard-core punk band the Cro-Mags attacked two of the group's current members with a hunting knife in a dressing room before a show at Webster Hall yesterday — biting one and slashing both."

DARKTHRONE - It Beckons Us All (2024)
ORDER - Folly Grandeur (2016)
THE EXPLOITED - Death Before Dishonour (1987)
MAYHEM - Deathcrush (1987)

Quote from: Count Magnus on July 07, 2024, 10:03:27 PMhttps://www.brooklynvegan.com/harley-flanagan/
"A former member of the hard-core punk band the Cro-Mags attacked two of the group's current members with a hunting knife in a dressing room before a show at Webster Hall yesterday — biting one and slashing both."

What a dickhead.

Portrait - The Host
Anciients - Heart of Oak

Both these albums are epic. 

Curith Ungol - Frost & Fire

Quote from: Carnage on July 07, 2024, 11:35:57 PM
Quote from: Count Magnus on July 07, 2024, 10:03:27 PMhttps://www.brooklynvegan.com/harley-flanagan/

What a dickhead.

Complete bellend. You wouldn't want to spill his pint, but his music is great for working out.

NP: Mourning Beloveth - Formless

Death Angel-Frolic Through The Park

ORDER - The Gospel (2021)

The new Partholón album on YouTube. So good.

SHEER TERROR - Just Can't Hate Enough (1989)
ZOETROPE - Amnesty (1985)
DETENTE - Recognize No Authority (1986)